Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nealgardner, Oct 12, 2015.

1. nealgardner

nealgardner New Member

Club:
    Castle field
    Afternoon all, just started out with Castle field club near Nottingham and looking for other shooters advice on first set-up.
    I know everyone has a preference on type PCP / Spring, but I'm open to ideas.
    Unfortunately I haven't got unlimited funds, so a start up budget of £750 ish.

Any advice on rifle / scopes etc warmly received.

2. Darron

Darron Trainee Dwarf Slayer

Club:
    Millride FTC
    Hi and welcome, I went through the same thing only a couple of months ago and have already changed both gun and scope. My advice would be to talk to as many people at Castle as you can as they are good guys and very knowledgeable.
    Good luck

3. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Try before you buy

Wellcome to the mad house
    If you go to Castle on a Saturday and ask nicely ,you will find most will allow you a couple of shots of there rifles. Just bare in mind that the rifles will be set up for them and not you. Concentrate on the firing cycle , feel and the weight of the rifles . If your budget is for rifle only I would say an Ev2 , if to include scope then maybe a pro target .
    Simon

4. nealgardner

nealgardner New Member

Club:
    Castle field
    Thanks for your help, I've only been down for a few hours and already had lots of advice. Will go on Saturday this weekend as both my visits have been on a Sunday.