newbie from wirral

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Evo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Evo

Evo Bob Evans,, always getting banned from sales

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    hy guys and gals, firstly let me introduce myself, I am 51years young and been hunting with air rifles for over 40years, I currently own a couple of daystates an hw100 and also an AAs410, can I just say I joined my first FT club last sunday and had one of the most enjoyable days ever, a cracking bunch welcomed me and made my day very enjoyable indeed, I wanted to learn more and hopefully shoot comps next year2016, I did not realise what a fantastic sport FT/HFT was, looks like I have missed out on a fantastic sport for years,
    can I just say hello to you all and I look forward to joining in the conversations and certainly learning my new trade,
    one thing I will say is I will strive to be the best I can in the sport and am looking forward to the learning curve
    many thanks

Bob

2. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    What club

Welcome to the forum Bob.
    What club did you join up there in the Wirral?
    Simon

3. Evo

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    hi bud, I went to Byley FTC, really had a cracking time and sorry to say but it has given an extra buzz to get shooting the comps, I,ve got a lot to learn but I have shot all my life and I must say I,m really looking forward to learning

4. Air Armed

Air Armed MFTA Secretary

Club:
    Castle FTC
    Welcome aboard Bob,

You're more than welcome at the BFTA Grand Prix series next year

Enjoy your journey

Paul

5. Evo

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    hy paul, thanks for your reply, yes , I look forward to shooting Byley, its a great venue in a stunning wood but most of all , I could not have been made more welcome, I am at the moment undecided as to what rifle to use but I,m thinking of using my Hw100 and getting a gary cane stock for it, I also have an air range which is sinfully accurate after spending hours to find the right pellet,so I,m basically undecided what rifle to use, I,m even considering buying a new steyr , the one thing I am certain of is I,m really looking forward to the 3rd jan , I cant make the 20th dec due to work commitments but I will certainly be there on the 3rd jan

6. Iggyr7

Iggyr7 Active Member

Club:
    Kingsley HFT
    Hi Bob , if you have several rifles you could always set one up for HFT and one for FT ...It is sometimes hard to fit both into a busy lifestyle but both styles are very addictive , and as you say , club members all around the country will go out of their way to help and advise ...We shoot HFT at Kingsley Moore , near Cheadle Staffs (shooting dates posted on this forum ) so if you have a free Sunday come along and enjoy ...

Cheers
    Ian

7. Fox

Fox Member

Hi Bob , welcome to the forum & Byley . Byley is a club shoot on the 3 Jan but just in case you were thinking of going to Reginal l GP 5 at Tawd Vale on the 3 Jan ?? it has been moved back a week & you would be very welcome.

Regards

Clive

8. g.l.w

g.l.w Wonky

Hi Bob,

Easy run for you if you wish to try HFT is Fort air rifle club.
    Based at Gweryd lakes.

Welcome to the forum. :)

9. Evo

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    hi ian , thanks for that, I will certainly pop down in the new year as I,m one of those that likes to put the effort in to improve,certainly shooting different courses can only improve my ability so looking forward to shooting different club coarses

yhanks again, Bob

10. Evo

Club:
    ByleyFTC
    hi bud , thanks for the reply, yes I,ll be going to a few clubs and will certainly give your a shout as its the closest to me being in mold if I,m correct, many thanks again Bob