New Walther... ;-)

Discussion in 'Walther' started by johnnyi, Apr 16, 2011.

1. johnnyi

johnnyi New Member

Wanted to share a FT gun rigged up by a buddy of mine. I ask him is it a Walther Rapid MFR or a MFR Walther Rapid? Either way it is a FT shooting machine... He does very well with it offhand, kneeling and FT.

March Madness is spreading over to this side of the pond too...

[​IMG]

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Interesting, what is it then?

3. Thumbhole

Thumbhole Banned

Looks like a RAPTHER part rapid and part walther, mfr block maybe a fx tube and could be any number of barrels with carbon shroud moded to fit a walther stock. :cool: I like it how hard was it to fit the block into the stock ?

4. johnnyi

johnnyi New Member

[​IMG]

My buddy actually first milled an Anshutz stock to fit the MFR to have take advantage of the adjustable ergonomics (above is an old photo when he started it sitting in the Anshutz stock) After some measuring and fitting he found that the Walther stock was a better fit for him so he converted to the Walther Stock. The breech/action is a Theoben MFR with some internal mods mainly trigger and Reg. The Trigger is very nice! He added his own custom CF shroud and Ti Airtube. If I recall, he mentioned getting 180 or so shots on the reg at about 16-17fpe!