New Stock or a new approach

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Baltipal, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I haven't been shooting well of late & it has been pointed out to me that the stock on my PT carbine doesn't fit me well. Now I have a couple of options to solve this, one is to find another original PT stock & swap the action over.
    The second is to buy an EV2 stock & adapt it to the PT action.
    The third is to go custom with a ginb or Paul Wison stock.
    The fourth & more extreme is to sell the PT, put my TX in a FT stock & mount the Big60 on top & attack piston class next season.
    I think option three will cost abit more than I can comfortably manage & a new EV2 stock is in the same bracket, in excess of 600 quid! Realistically I need to find another PT stock, unmoded & complete, if anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful.
    I'd be interested in any input frankly, the more the merrier!;)

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    What problem are you having with the fit of the PT?

3. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

The stock just doesn't fit me. It was heavily moded by Jonta & fits him very well but I've been struggling frankly. It's great when your technique is as good as his but very unforgiving if you can't achieve the perfect wide, sitting position. The pull is a good couple of inches too short as well & although I have had a word with someone who might be able to put that right the fore end isn't the best for me either.

4. Dale

Dale Active Member

Greg,

Cheapest option - further modify what you have until it fits, then paint it if it looks ugly!