New scope

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by D Martin, Mar 23, 2010.

1. D Martin

D Martin Non member

My new BSA 8-32X44 swf scope came today.....I've got this so that I can carry on shooting HFT but try and have a dabble at FT on a club/regional level aswell. First looks proved it to be a worthwhile purchase as it's quite clear with good optics right through HFT distances when set on x10 with a 25 yrd parallax, yet on full mag it's very distinguishing at different ranges but I won't be testing it on the rifle while after the worlds as I won't have time to get used to it.
    Here's hoping that it's as good as it looks when I try it for real on a course.:)

Dave

P.S.....A heads up for anyone interested in a very good condition EB Sniper 10x42 ,boxed with sunshade and butler creeks......mine will be for sale straight after I've shot the Monday session at Kelmarsh.;)

2. MattF

MattF New Member

Club:
    Chesterfield HFT Club
    Text message sent :) now sold to me
    thanks Dave

Matt

3. skipper

skipper New Member

I had a BSA essencial the optics were brill but the only flaw i could give it was the ret was a bit too fine for me , i found dark conditions a problem. If it wasnt for that id still be using one.

Hows the ret on your one Dave?

Ol

4. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
  5. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

6. D Martin

D Martin Non member

It's a 30mm tube and the ret is milldot which is not too fine...infact very similar to the EB and Bushnell that I've used in the past.
    I've not tried it in woodland areas yet though where the light is different.
    It's an original BSA (box/bsa badge e.t.c) but purchased off the Bay and different to the ones sold in this country in that it has target turrets so may be spec for over seas.
    Good thing though it was ordered from a Canadian seller and shipped from Japan and cost me half the price of the similar spec model sold right here at home....good old British value for money :rolleyes::D

Dave

7. D Martin

D Martin Non member

No problem Matt;)

Dave

8. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Have to call it my BayStAte special now then Vinny:);)
    Still better that a flat tyre though mate:rolleyes:

Dave

9. blue ripley

blue ripley New Member

looks like u comming to the da;)rk side eh mmmmyoda

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Only playing at it Kev;)just fancy seeing what it's all about mate:)
    HFT will always be a passion though:)

Dave

11. skipper

skipper New Member

I was thinking that Vin why woulld you put a Daystate rifle with a BSA scope , youd get a decent rifle :D:)

If they have sorted the small mildots out etc and its like a eb ret happy days Dave :)

Ol

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  12. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
    It'll be interesting to see if OK for HFT & FT as I've been looking at trying both but not keen on having 2 rigs (cost mainly). Looked on the bay & they're all from China :(

13. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Just need to put in another 43 like I did at Lea Valley the other week then you can all tell me that it's crap.....suppose Vinny will be the first:D:D:D:D

I'm only going on advise from somebody who shoots with one and has used it for both FT and HFT and first looks. My findings...good or bad ....once I've had it on the rifle a few weeks and tried it, I'll post for anyone interested.;)

Dave

14. blue ripley

blue ripley New Member

good luck with scope dave hope it works for u they all tin targets mate happy shooting