New rifle

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by stotty, Nov 14, 2010.

1. stotty

stotty member

Im looking for some advice, i am wanting to change my BSA scorpion T10 tactical22, for a good HFT rifle, i used my BSA for hunting but now have a better rifle for that, i have shot some HFT but would like a 1.77 my intention is a part ex, i live in shropshire so any one know of a good gun shop who will give me a good deal, also advice on the right gun would be helpful, i have been doing some research but there is so much out there now.
    I look forward to your advice
    Thanks
    Steve

2. philc

philc Member

Air Airms s400, ,410,or mpr with either EB sniper 10x42 or the new hawke tac 30 10x42 both fixed.
    reliable, accurate and lots of extra,s available have a look around all the airgun forums to see whats available and sort of prices there going for.It,s a buyers market at moment.
    atb phil

3. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Depends on your budget but I would sell the BSA privately you will get far more for it than on a trade in;)

4. stotty

stotty member

I totally understand what your saying but, there is a massive market for second-hand rifles now it seema the easiest option to px, my budget after sale would be around £500, i already have a scope so this would be for rifle only.

5. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Personal choice mate I would recommend try before you buy to see what suits you. With the market being what it is I would always go for a second hand sale....if you want mechanical that you can tweek then a good secondhand 400 will grow with you and you can always buy a nice custom stock for it at a later date. If you want something a bit more complex with an electronic trigger then a nice second hand Daystate Mk3 would be in your price range.

Dave

6. JAGXKRS

He's spot on, mad as a box of frogs but spot on:D:D

7. stotty

stotty member

Thanks for the advice, I have been looking at the MK 3 for some time, and ive seen them secondhand for around 500 - 600,
    I will have a good look before i make any decisions
    Thanks

8. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    If you want to try any of the following, Air Arms S4**, Daystate MK4, HW100 or Theoben Rapid(ish), let me know.
    My personal choice would be a secondhand MPR then a few tweeks in that budget, just my choice on that though.

9. D Martin

D Martin Non member

;):):) Hiya mate

Dave

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Just make sure that you get one that's been looked after and charged regularly and you'll not go wrong but like I say have a look at other rifles suggested as well and pick which works for you.

Dave

11. JAGXKRS

Missed the pair of you today mate it was a goodun:D

12. D Martin

D Martin Non member

If I'm truthfull I missed being there a bit mate;)

Sorry for hijacking your thread for a second Steve;):)

Dave

13. poison dwarf

poison dwarf BANNED

Club:
    tondu /quarry
    Your budget is very close to a new AR 20 money. It's worth a serious look.

14. stotty

stotty member

Ive now made a decision to buy myself an S400, i will get it at a good price, tried PX my scorpion but couldnt get much for it, it has been a good rifle i did pretty good with it on the first round of the Midlands day-state which was my first HFT experience,so i will continue to shoot this comp with the scorpion 22, but i will be concentrating on my S400 in 1.77 for next year, so looking forward to picking it up this week and getting on the range with it.
    Thanks for all the advice fellas
    Steve

15. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Nice one Steve ;)

Dave