New Regional comp coming soon!!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by gillieman, Aug 23, 2010.

1. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Two of our club members Gary Grayling and Clifftop have been sending out parcels to the lads/lasses on tours to both Iraq and Afghanistan for well over 3 years now. Alot of the funding as come out of there own pocket aswell as members from the BBS.

Problem is monies is starting to dry up now, so Fort, Tawd and Rivi + maybe a couple more will be doing a comp with both Hft/Ft welcome, there will be 1 shoot at each location with all monies going to buy parcels for our countries finest serving on Op tours!!!

If it was'nt for the like's of Andrew Compton, Woki and Dave Benyon this would be just a pipe dream and our troops living in crap conditions with no home comforts. I for one as experienced it at first hand, so please if any of you want to come along and enter this comp (which will start in the winter) dates TBC keep an eye out.

Cheers Nige;)

2. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Nice one Nige;)....I'll see what support I can get from this area when the dates go up mate:)

Dave

3. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Nice one Dave that is excellent mate, thanks very much.;)

4. gillieman

gillieman New Member

This is a post from Gary Rayson (Grayling BBS) from the fort forum!

Thanks to Dave Benyons tireless efforts over Tawds way and Andrew Comptons from Forts end, things look very postitive for this now 3 way comp and possibly 4 way comp fingers crossed in the near future.

Nige has had some good ideas for a trophy which he has posted links to on the relavent thread. This takes the shape of a bronze figure of a modern British infantryman and IMHO would be the ideal trophy for such an event were the money raised will go to fund morale parcels to send to the lads an lasses at the sharp end in Afghanistan.

Andy has generously offered to buy the trophy that we eventually pick THANKS MATE .

But we still need a good name to call this comp.

Bearing in mind the money raised will go straight to the front line turned into powdered drinks, super noodles, baby wipes, various sweets, marmite, dry roasted pea nuts etc.

My son and I took 28 parcels destined for 3 bomb disposal units and one RAF Chinook crewman to Broughton post office to day that should be in Afghanistan by Friday this week. These parcels were funded by recent AirgunBBS auctions and over the years with the help of similar auctions and the kindness of a lot of ex serviceman and Liverpool residents plus help from one Supermarket my self and good mate and fellow forum member Clifftop have sent around 1500 of these parcels to the former Iraq conflict and Afghanistan. But it gets harder and harder to carry on finding the funds to fill these parcels.

Myself and Cliff recently worked out its now nearing £7.50 to fill some of these parcels especially those containing old favourites like squeezable Marmite, when we first started it was only £5.

So this comp is a brilliant idea and deserves a brilliant name .

5. Grayling

Grayling New Member

A proud Englishman from a once great country sadly
    Club:
    Fort airgun club
    NICE ONE NIGE BUDDY. Things are looking up, Dave Benyon has laid the foundations here and all is starting to look really promising indeed. The Trophy of the Bronze British infantryman is ideal for what we have in mind OUR TOP DUDE CLUB MEMBER Andy Compton has generously offered to buy this trophy, typical of Andrew. These parcels will be going to British squaddies on active service so the present idea of the Bronze figurine seems perfect.

I recently had a letter from a lad in the Royal Engineers on BOMB DISPOSAL in Afghanistan. He sent a message after receiving 9 of these AirgunBBS funded parcels stating[ B]INSTANT MORALE[/B] he later added one happy Squaddie and four smiling pals send thanks. Typical of the British soldier these 9 parcels were then whacked out amongst the rest of his unit. So these parcels to put a lot of smiles on a lot of faces.

Clifftop and myself often think while we pack and weigh tape and address these packages of some young hard pressed tired young Squaddie on the receiving end, opening one of these BBS parcels from home seeing the contents of Marmite, Dry Roasted peanuts, Super Noodles, powdered drinks, Sweets etc and a big grin spreading across his or her face. Can we sitting here in the U.K in safety ask for anything else :).

After a Fort forum members idea for a name for the comp

the INSTANT MORALE Trophy.

I think this would be the ideal name for this new team HFT trophy.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  6. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Oldham now on board and for those who have not shot at this ground before it's great with the course winding it's way through thick woodland, ATB Dave.

7. gillieman

gillieman New Member

So there you have people, 4 rounds will be held for this comp, Fort, Tawd, Rivi and Oldham.
    Fingers crossed we will be able to get 2 before Christmas and the other 2 after.;)

8. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Or the "Soldiers Cup", the "The Heroes Cup" or the "The Military Cup" Or the Comfort Box Trophy"

Keep up the great work lads.:)

9. Grayling

Grayling New Member

Club:
    Fort airgun club
    Well done Dave you really have gone above and beyond with regards to this comp. You are a credit to Tawd Vale mate :). Looking forward to the Oldham leg of the comp, never been there.

10. garya

garya New Member

the heroes cup sounds good
    is there an account that we can donate " A Parcel" i.e £7.50 or more?

11. Grayling

Grayling New Member

Club:
    Fort airgun club
    Sorry we're having problems with PayPal trying to charge us for handling these donations at the moment. But if you need mine or Clifftops address please PM me.

12. gillieman

gillieman New Member

I also like the Heroes cup name think i will add that one to the poll on the Fort forum.

Cheers;)

13. Andy006

Andy006 Member

You are welcome.:) I like it because to me they are all Heroes.

14. gillieman

gillieman New Member

Agreed Andy;)