'New' HW100 quick fill cylinder - info please?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by AirArmsDavid, Apr 9, 2012.

1. AirArmsDavid

AirArmsDavid Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    :)

Andrea at GINB has asked me to buy an HW100 cylinder with "the new quick fill system" and send it over to them for an HW100 bullpup project (to resemble a P90 assault rifle!).

Could someone explain what the "new" one looks like, whether it comes in different lengths, and where's the cheapest place to buy one please?

If there isn't one brand new to the market recently, then he must mean the latest version.

Any help appreciated as I'm not up to speed with HW100s. If anyone has such a cylinder to sell 2nd hand I'd be interested too.

;)

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Hi David,
    she probably by new meens the type with the fill port in the front rather than the early type where the cylinder had to be removed from the gun to fill it from the other end. I am not aware of any changes that have been made since the introduction of the front fill port.

Simon.

3. Rhys

Rhys Member

Club:
    Freelance
    Hi,
    They come in two lengths, standard or karbine. Can be bought direct from hull cartridge or somewhere like chambers gun spares.
    It has a gauge on the end, with a small hole and plastic plug just behind the guage that is to accept the QF probe.

Looking at about £100 or near as.

Regards
    Rhys

4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry New Member

Club:
    Meon Valley (CSFTA)
    I'd also give the guys at A&M a call. I've just bought a new HW100 cylinder from them, its well made, holds 200bar no problem, its quick fill and weighs 1/3 lighter than the standard HW cylinder. (I upgraded a Karbine cyilnder to an A&M FSB cylinder, which is 2.5" longer. For more shots per fill).

AL.

5. AirArmsDavid

AirArmsDavid Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Thanks for the replies.

It's the carbine QF cylinder they're after. Not keen on recommending anything but an original Weihrauch one seeing as it was a 'home made' one that blew Antonio's finger off and fractured his skull.

Guess I'll get in touch with HC or Chambers unless anyone has another source?

;)