New Gamo .25

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Nov 9, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Always fancied a .25 springer. Wilts airgun centre had a Gamo Hunter .25,so i bought it, someone had to lol. Fitted a Nikko Sterling 6x40 without px. Amazed how accurate it is up to 30 yards.The trigger is supposed to be 2 stage,but i havent tinkered yet,it seems fine as it is. Its vastly different from my AA springers,but still very good. Its strange but once you get used to the trigger ,the let off is very precise. The cheap scope is good aswell with excellent glass,very crisp and clear.Have adjusted the zero between 20/25 yards to enable the cross hair to be aimed direct between 10 and 25 yards. The rifle is realtree camo and well finished. I dont hunt but if i decide to will def try the .25 as it is an excellent tool. Its light with a slight boing ,but this dosent detract from the fun of using big pellets.Highly recommended.Does anyone else use a .25? Be interested to know which pellets you use. I have only tried BSA Pylarm.

2. rich

rich Active Member

Don't have one at the moment but I've played around with 25 cal and always found it fun. Some of the best pellets were the H&N FTT weighing about 20 grains. In my Daystate LR90 the best pellets were Superfields but they were 26 grains or so.

No doubt about it, tin can or rabbit, 25 cal hits them hard, even at 12fpe.

3. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

I've fancied a .25 for ages... one day I will get one

4. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Will chrono it thurs at Wilts Centre,thats if they let me. Was testing my FT TX200 and shot the chrono. My fault ,but the safety dosent always engage on cocking. Didnt know at the time,only had it a few days. Lesson learnt, could have been alot worse. Prefer the .25 to .22, the Gamo is definitely a keeper, really good fun and packs a wallop.