New Benchrest organisation: BenchrestUK

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Tone, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Tone

Tone Active Member

Club:
    Bristol Aero & Quarry Hunters
    Portishead Shooting Club saw the first AGM of BenchrestUK at the weekend: Benchrest UK – Promote, encourage, facilitate and develop the sport of air rifle and rimfire benchrest shooting both within the UK and worldwide

They plan to run indoor and outdoor Postal competitions next year and sponsor head to head outdoor comps at various clubs.

They also see the need to be flexible in the way people shoot off a rest to bring together the NSRA and European and World rules at UK level.

This organisation will be the official link into the European and World comps, where obviously we have to abide by their rules, but in terms of UK comps go you can shoot the NSRA style if that is what you prefer.

It was good to see Neil from SWEFTA come along at my invite to see how things are run and it looks like their is growing interest in the South West for all things Benchrest.

I am also hearing of other clubs around the country setting up their own benchrest comps for their members and getting a high take up, often times getting people involved in competitive shooting for the first time.:)

milek and RobF like this.
  2. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    As I have said on another thread, I am still getting my head wrapped around this BR malarky, but it was fascinating to spend some time at Portishead talking to various people.

What did come across was the enthusiasm everyone has, and that is infectious.

SWEFTA are well on the way to setting up our first informal league, where the clubs take it after that is anyone guess but I definitely see BR as a growing aspect of air gun shooting.

RobF likes this.
  3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    Tony - I think we have 25% of Parkstone members taking part in Benchrest, the majority of these lads and lasses have never shot competitively.

Benchrest is a great leveller - and can be shot without spending thousands on hardware.

4. Xdriver

Xdriver New Member

Club:
    Bury rifle club
    My club has also seen the benchrest shooting taking off in what was a prone only club. Many of our members that find lying on the floor very uncomfortable or impossible!!!!! Have switched to benchrest and are enjoying it.