New Avenues

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Charlie Brown, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Hi. Just joined. Been a rim fire practical mini rifle shooter (using a tricked-up Ruger 10/22), but got fed up with it being an indoor discipline, so am exploring outdoor shooting sports, and as I also hold a few air rifles (FAC and 12ft.lb), am here to learn about HFT.

This is because as I do a fair bit of proper hunting, I think HFT may be for me? Anyway. hello and excuse any dumb Qs I may ask, although they may not be for a while, as I will probably just read entries for the first few weeks until I get the picture and decide if it is for me (just being honest here as may just be a temporary visitor on a learning curve).

Charlie Boy.

2. Ferrets Bueller

Ferrets Bueller New Member

Hello and welcome Charile, you have come to the right place for info thats for sure, im sure we can all help to answer any questions you may have.

Check out the clubfinder section and look for one local to yourself, the best way to start HFT is to just jump in at the deep end and try it.:)

3. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Welcome Charlie, hope you like what you see & maybe even pop along to one or more of the events for a 'hands on' view of things, MAD (Maldon & District) is in Essex & there are loads of nice members to give you any advice you need, why not look them up :)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    The dumbest questions are the ones you never ask ;) :D

Welcome on board :)

5. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Hi Charlie, like Steve said Maldon And District are a great club in Essex who'll be able to steer you right when you're starting out, after that the sky's the limit. Not far from you is Shepreth Airgun Club who have a meet on tomorrow.

Ryan

6. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown New Member

Thank you for the welcomes etc. Am enjoying my reading of the bits and bobs at the moment, but will give it a go some time soon I think. Most of my free shooting time at present is spent rabbit controlling on a golf course, but come the good long evenings I can do that then so will have the odd Sat or Sun (day) free to maybe give it a go?

Rgds Charlie.