Never trust

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by rickysdaystate, Oct 4, 2010.

1. rickysdaystate

rickysdaystate Make Every Shot Count

Club:
    Greyhound
    a while ago i brought a BTAS HW100, i payed good money for it ( £750). in the add it didn't say that there was anything wrong with it, so i expected it to be in good/decent condition. how ever........when i got it out the case and had a look at it the stock was all cracked......something i was un aware of when i brought it. This never put me off as i still thought it would shoot good...........this is the main bit that pissed me off, the rifle was leaking, and it looked like it had been damaged badly (dropped on the floor or something) as the magazine was in operable as the two sides of the action had been bashed together. i had sent it to U.K.Neil 1st, he charged me £10, but it still didn't fix the problems......then i sent it to Ray Neil, another awsome gun smith, but the problem was still there, he had charged me £20. I have finally got round to sending it back to BTAS in which i have been charged £115 for the work to be done and postage there and back, hopefully this has fixed the lot (fingers crossed)..........so all in all i have spent £145 EXTRA on getting a rifle fixed that i had not been informed that it was broken in the 1st place!

so thats £900 ON A SECONDHAND HW100!:mad::mad::rolleyes:
    so just a warning to people on here, never buy off people you dont know :)

2. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Did you buy it from someone on here? I have purchased most of the airguns I have had from unknown people and you have to trust them on description. I have always been lucky and I am always prepared to give a full refund if the buyer is not happy with something I am selling. Only once have I been sold an air rifle on a here and found it to be less than the mintyness it was described as. The seller in that case refused to acknowledge the damage and I had to just accept it. These things happen when some less than honest people sell things. You were royally stiffed by the sounds of it.

atb
    Andy

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Only buy FTF...simples.

4. rickysdaystate

Club:
    Greyhound
    i know mate, i brought it off the bbs, i have brought many other things that have all been alright, but this one really was a joke. I got a refund......... £25:(:eek: it didnt really help out much though

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    So was it damaged in transit or already like that ?

6. Amac

Amac Active Member

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I have also been well and truly shafted following the purchase of a scope via BBS. Despite numerous requests to discuss my misgivings, the seller has refused to contact me and I am well and truly out of pocket. At one time I contemplated violence, but that will just make the crap situation even worse. I honestly think that the face to face buying scenario is in fact the only safe way to go. I have learned a very hard and expensive lesson!

Andy

7. rickysdaystate

Club:
    Greyhound
    i collected it from a service station, but there was cops around, so i couldn't really get the gun out and have a good look at it, so it just got transferred from car to car. i feel sorry for people who buy a product that has been sold through false intentions. whereas if a product has been sold as "faulty" or "damaged" then i guess its up to the buyer to have it or leave it. i forgot to mention........when Ben phoned me up earlier he also said it was FAC :rolleyes: so even though it was broke i had a firearms in my possession!

8. bfto_connor

bfto_connor New Member

It's nasty when you put a lot of money into something that gets damaged, but to pass that damaged item onto someone else in the hope that you'll lighten your own loss by making it someone elses problem is bloody contemptible.

Atb
    Connor.

9. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    its very unlikely sold as fac ricky its very hard to get a gun off a fac ticket you hav only got to ask the liecensing officer in atherstone matey,personally i think he turned up the reg to give him mmmmmm im not going their its goes on about power,nice to c u got it done,:):):)i no bens regs can be a bugger at times to get right thats y ray wouldnt touch the reg

10. Kenny-W

Kenny-W New Member

Any chance of naming the shiester so that we can all avoid what you had to go through! Glad you got it sorted, but really it was F2F so you should have moved location and checked it out!
    I hope it comes back living upto your expectations mate ;)