NEFTA Hunter

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by D Martin, Sep 13, 2009.

1. D Martin

D Martin Non member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  2. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    yes well done anston , dont get to attached to [ OUR TROPHY] yes a great day and a cracking little season , thanks to ponty, and to all the lads that shoot the nefta , we will be back next year with another nefta hunter series:D:D:D

3. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

Thanks to everyone who layed the course out they were some tricky shots. What score did you get trev?

4. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Congratulations to Anston for the team win, and to all the clubs that have put on a round this year,
    We have really enjoyed every one of them.
    Shame there was no trophy presentations at the end of the day, we stood around waiting for it but everyone just seemed to leave:confused:

ATB

Greg

5. TREV RYN

TREV RYN Well-Known Member

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc

wooo hoo i got a 57 yippeeeee;););)

6. Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes New Member

It was ours first!;):p

Well done Anston.:)

7. mintyrn10

mintyrn10 Roll on the weekend!

Club:
    REDFEARNS
    well done anston and thanks to the course setters and marshals at ponty great shoot :)

rick

8. ascoughc

ascoughc Member

better than me then:D

9. Thewererabbit

Thewererabbit New Member

Well done Anston and many thanks to Ponty for a first class course

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

11. BOMBER

BOMBER Little French Maid

sorry if i offend anyone but i don't exactly sit on the fence when it comes to hft. I know people give up their own time to set out courses and for that i am grateful, but i think todays course was well below the standard for a hunter course. Many of the prone shots were obstructed by grass, and banking even at the top of the peg or at either side and even though there is no law sating what size the peg has to be, surely they should be big enough in height for people to come up the peg to to see the targets. There was 3 unsupported standers when i think that the rules say one. If the series is started using the ukahft rules then this should be adhered to for every shoot not just for the clubs that predominantly shoot hft.

I know that trev and pete have put a lot of work into the series and think that if all clubs involved could try and put the hunter courses out in accordance with rules it would be better all round and may even increase the numbers.

12. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Cop Out & Dead Shot Member

Just to add a little to what Mick has said and that is this. Fortunately we didn't have any 9 - 14 juniors shooting. That course could have put them off HFT for life. It was a course set purely for kneelers and standers and not in the true spirit of the rules. Sorry guys. No offence meant - constructive critisism.

13. sHotRod

sHotRod Pointed Pellet Shoot

Well done to Ponty for a really enjoyable day, and very nice course too :)

Congratulations to Anston for their team victory .... you never know it might be Hull's turn next year LOL :D

And sorry Bomber if this offends you but if a club puts on a course then their work should be appreciated no matter what, and if you cant see the target from one position then find another, none of those targets where impossible shots. So what if you might have to take a couple of extra kneelers to get around an obstruction. You'll be wanting shooting benches on each lane next, instead of your sticks to cuddle.

14. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC

I must admit I am surprised at some of the comments made above! I dont remember three unsupported standers either but maybe my memory is not what it used to be.There were a few trees around to hold or lean on,apart from the stander in the bowl.
    And it is certainly not an unusual event having grass or other obstructions on a course!!
    I thought that the idea was to shoot around them,a bit like waterfalls and holes in logs and caged shots,all part of the fun.
    Maybe you have just had a bad day Mick.Or is this politics?

The comments about the pegs for younger shooters by 'Cop out and dead shot' is fair and constructive and I would agree.

Not wanting to fall out with anyone here over a sport but I find some of the comments a little too critical to be constructive.

Dean.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  15. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Sorry Shot rod but you appear to have totally missed the point being made. Rules are made to ensure consistency throughout the competition - to ensure that standards - set by the NEFTA committee are adhered to. If everyone did their own thing, then who knows where it would end.

16. BOMBER

NO OFFENSE TAKEN ROD I LOVE MY STICKS:p BUT LIKE IT SAYS ON THE NEFTA SITE THE HUNTER SERIES WILL BE SHOT ACCORDING TO UKAHFT RULES WHICH HOWEVER YOU LOOK AT IT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE PRONE SHOTS PRONE, I THINK EVEN THE BFTA RULES STATE THAT TARGETS SHOULD BE SHOOTABLE FROM ALL FOUR SHOOTING POSITIONS PRONE, KNEELING, STANDING, AND SITTING. SOME OF THE TARGETS IN THE BOWL WHERE NOT IN MY MIND SET TO THIS AS THE BANKING OBSCURED THE SHOT IN FRONT AND TO BOTH SIDES OF THE PEG, YES I COULD HAVE RAISED TO MY KNEE TO SHOOT IT BUT IT WAS A HUNTER COURSE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN CLEAR TO SHOOT IT PRONE.

I DO APPRECIATE THE WORK DONE BY CLUB MEMBERS IN SETTING OUT A COURSE AND THE WORK IT TAKES HOWEVER I HAVE A RIGHT TO COMMENT AS WELL, AND AS LONG AS PEOPLE KEEP QUIET NOTHING WILL EVER BE SOLVED AS FAR AS SETTING HFT COURSES OUT WITHIN THE NEFTA REGION WILL BE SOLVED.

I KNOW FROM TODAYS COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE MORE THAN ME THAT FEEL THIS WAY BUT SOME ARE PERSECUTED FOR SPEAKING OUT AGAINST CLUBS OR ORGANIZATIONS, THE DIFFERENCE WITH ME IS THAT IF WANT TO STATE MY FEELINGS I WILL.

17. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Club:
    KSG, Misfits
    Think young Gregs should have got his Platinum today, but the guy had gone when he went to check
    any chance of someone bringing it to Quarry if he should have recieved it??

18. Cop Out & Dead Shot

Greg, I'll try and get hold of Trev Ryan and get one. Failing that I should be able to get him one at Emely and post it down

19. BOMBER

i do come across a bit strong sometimes dean but thats just me. Tried to be constructive but i am not very good with putting things together. As far as the standers go there were 2 unsupported in the bowl and the number 1 which for a junior or left hander to reach the tree was not really a supported option in my mind.

20. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC

Fair comment Mick and you are entitled to your say, but POLITICS will ruin the sport quicker than any rules!

NEFTA might be shot to UKAHFT rules but some rules have been changed especially for the NEFTA, so where do the differences start and stop. I think this winter will see some major rule changes which might help. Number 1 peg the tree could be leant with you shoulder,just another twist if unconventional,it would have been awkward for a lefty though.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009