NEFTA Hunter Ponty

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by KeithG, Jul 10, 2015.

1. KeithG

KeithG New Member

Just a heads up that there won't be a burger van at Ponty on Sunday so you might want to bring butties. Please let others know.
    Cheers, Keith.

2. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    ponty

thanks Keith and crew for the course today not so keen on the see through targets but you can't please everyone
    but it was a cracking course must admit that
    thanks to Dave Pick for the company
    john

3. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thanks ponty, a testing course in that wind, thanks to Dave and Dean for the company round the course and a special congratulations to Paul Monniez on the win.

Mark

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Brilliant course today Ponty....not sure about the new targets but I'm sure the ones with the doughnuts weren't chuffed........I personally think those targets are too much of a lottery shot. Thanks to Nige n Phil for the company on the course.

The wheels fell off for me with a poor course, sillies and pistol score today.:p

5. speed

speed jamie

Club:
    emley moor ftc
    good course today thanks ponty.

note to self, next time remember pellets:eek:

6. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Well done keith Paul and Danny and crew for putting on a cracking course today. I do appreciate the time put in to set these up to the standard that they are.

Congrats especially to team mate Paul Monniez for his excellent score and Dave and Lanky Mark for the banter. ...And thanks to Tom and Julie for loaning the pistol and pink pellet pouch.

I've said all I'm going to say about the lollipop targets as they probably cost me more than anyone else today:eek:o, and we all shot the same targets, so it is what it is. But I can weld a bloomin great washer around the gap if you want me to:rolleyes: The Pontefract NEFTA target was brilliant though.

Great day really enjoyed it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  7. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    lottery

I agree with you Chris but I've said the same think about a couple of your targets for a long time " your willow tree and your japan frag " both of which your shot can go through the gaps close to the centre and other people can still get a plate and be further off centre than yours.

As for today thanks to John Lee and Nigel for the company and thanks to Keith and all the others from Ponty who put the effort into a great course.

I was one of the people who didn't know about the snack van and feel "we" at Ponty should have arranged something like Emley did at their shoot !!
    A failing on Ponty's part

8. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Thanks Ponty, course setters, signer on'ers etc. It's my 1st visit there but won't be the last! :D

9. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    :D
    Maybe I am being overprotective of the Ponty club setters and organisers but that comes across a bit harsh when others have put a lot of time in Steve. I believe the caterer was already booked up elsewhere. Always try and finish on a positive when writing Steve, you grumpy git.:p
    Next time I'll make you a sarny!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  10. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    like to thank the ponty crew on another excellent course, a great day was had by all, glad the rain held of
    thanks to my shooting partners for the good company, I don't think we will see the 2 targets with the gap round them in competitions again. but the ponty come nefta target brilliant loved it:D:D

11. Yorkshiretea

Yorkshiretea B Grade Bandit

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I didn't go but I blame Andy Monniez and he knows why!

12. Steve Bowers

Steve Bowers Member

Club:
    Pontefract
    Grumpy git

Sorry to the lads who did put the work into setting up but I was the first to arrive today and I was closely followed by Keith who I know put a lot of work into the setting the course and also booked every one in by himself but up to 9:00 I only saw 3 of our 15 committee members so it may be " a bit harsh " but then the truth some times is !!:eek:o

13. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC

I agree Steve.
    I will offer to do a bit more next year and put a bit more into the club now I have a little bit more time.

14. Mammoth

Mammoth Unusual Targetmaker :)

Club:
    Anston
    Thank You Guys for excellent day!
    It was one of best courses I shoot. Thanks Keith and Crew for Your hard work!

Ive noticed that You love my targets Guys, so.. I will keep away from club for a couple days.. just in case.. You know.. :D

Many Greats for Simon Battye for Your amazing score!!
    You must upset a few pump-it-up ones owners.. :)

With Regards
    Peter.

15. Fatsnapper

Fatsnapper experiendum durius

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Thank you to the Ponty crew for the course today, some tricky ones in among those targets and yet again another bizarre wind to contend with. Well done to John and Steve who I was shooting with, some good shooting by them doing kneeling and standing, and good shooting on the pistols John!

First time at Ponty and I look forward to the next time:)

16. bow

bow Active Member

Thanks ponty, a nice coarse, The new target's got me,:eek:o aimed at the gap and that's where it went, doh!! Nut.... I'll learn one day.he he.! Thanks to Lee and Karl for the company. Hope I didn't bring you down to my level to much.

17. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

Had a brilliant day, however some of the targets need a rethink. :lev

Those with the gaps especially... :(

18. sneaky rodent

sneaky rodent top bombing

Club:
    pontifract
    Thanks martine iv spoke to a very special some one for you today an thers an awesome night planned for you ;);)

19. biggles195

biggles195 Member

Club:
    Anston
    Thanks Ponti for a good course, well done Paul on a great score. Had a good round with Tom and Darren, thanks guys. Chris

20. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Thanks to keith nd ponty for the course, really enjoyed it, bar the doughnut lollipop:eek:....and thanks to Trev and rob for the company round...