NEFTA Hunter Pontefract

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Tracey, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Tracey

Tracey New Member

A big thanks to Pontefract club for putting on a great course today. Well done to all the top shots who cleared it.
    Thanks again Tracey :cool:

2. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    what a cracking start to the nefta hunter series, great weather a decent course,well done ponty, some good banter as well roll on next one ;) ;)

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

A few pictures of the second session are available HERE

4. Rockford

Rockford New Member

Great start to the season - enjoyed the course and fantastic weather as well.

5. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    West Hull Pistol & Rifle Club
    Smashing weather, good company an a good course to get us back into it,, many thanks to the guys at Ponti for a brilliant day all round

cheers

Niel

6. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    What a cracking day, thanks to Steve and Steve :) for the company round the course and thanks ponty for the course.

Mark

7. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Excellent day - nice to see some photos but a shame its the 2nd session as all the good lucking people shot first session ;)

8. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    who got the top score :shot: just wondering like

Niel

9. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Top Scores:

Pete Dutton and Dave Semmens 60 ex 60 in Open

Trev Ryan and Dave Gibson 54 ex 60 in Kneeling / Standing

Ryan Newton 49 ex 60 in Junior 9 to 13

A Ford and Martin Owens 49 ex 60 in Recoiling

10. RiffRaff

RiffRaff New Member

Club:
    cheers

Niel

11. ginger ninja

ginger ninja New Member

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    thanks

Just like to say thanks to ponti for a cracking course and well done to pete and dave for the clear

12. D.Gib

D.Gib New Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Good course good banter and some good shooting

a very enjoyable day.:):)

13. Coney

Coney New Member

Great course, fantastic weather and some good banter as always ;)

Well done to all at Ponty that worked so hard to make it a day to remember :)

Alan.

14. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

Yes mate, it's a nail!!!

Being new to NEFTA HFT I was mighty impressed with Yorks tree shots and their tube, shopping trolley shots etc...but this Pontefract shoot was something else. Just goes to show what can be done by people who put time and effort in and clearly know exactly what they are trying to achieve. Kill half obscured by wooden cable roll, then the visible part also had a nail hammered in ACROSS the face of what's left of the kill!! Magic, absolute magic, followed by 10yarder with metal bar across face, you fit your aim point in under the bar and hope for the best, superb..then shot 30..looking at it, it appears to be a simple obscured kill shot, but upon closer inspection the target looked completely covered, it's not until you walk back to the line and look through your scope that the effect works. This kind of thing takes planning and time and was executed with some flair! Mate I've shot with people who would have taken one look at these kinda shots and cried foul!! I've already written to shooting santa asking for a vertically mounted knockdown up a tree to appear (it makes faceplate bracketing very hard to do side ways especially for shooters using Map 6 or ballistic recs, and I can't do faceplate bracketing yet,so there. and a rat running up the tree also looks great) hopefully the shooting fairys will magic one for us at, oh I don't know, Thorn-Dell maybe...eh Gavin? We have found the HFT crowd to be welcoming,helpful and friendly so if for whatever reason you 'don't do' competitions you are really missing some great shooting experience, and unless you are one of the top boys you really are only shooting against yourself, no-one cares about your scores other than you. (and maybe your feking Missus if she has started routinely beating you!!) Now's the time, next shoot Anston, yet another set up by true professionals if the Paul James shoot was anything to go by....:) You just turn up and pay your £5, sign in and shoot, that's it, couldn't be more simple. Even if you don't belong to a club you just sign in as 'visitor'. You will not regret putting that code in the sat nav..believe me!

15. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Just wondering why you have attached this to a three year old thread? Anyway whats this bracketing lark? Never heard of it and certainly dont use it.:cool:

I am a Ponty member and I really find the course difficult to range targets on even though I know most of the distances to the different landmarks, although I should do after shooting it for about 18 years.

The dark areas really throw you when using blur alone, and you do need four or five methods of working out distance, unfortunately bracketing is one I trust the least, but it depends on the club that you are shooting at, and knowing which targets are standard and not messed about with or home made to some weird size.

Just remember one thing about HFT................. it can become obsessive!!:eek:o

ATB

16. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Interesting - I can see this guy's stock bolt must have gone missing, but what is that on the end of the muzzle? :eek:

[​IMG]

17. cocksure

cocksure Weihrauch flasher mac....

er.......

1:Because I clicked on the 'hft round two
    ' link on the first page.
    2:Because 'bracketing faceplates' sounds important, but really I just like the way horizontal targets act and look.
    3. Because I can be a tit sometimes and don't read things carefully enough....hey it's a complimentary post and you read it!! D'ya know what, me and she looked at each other and said "I don't remember anyone clearing?' and yet on I went..nevertymindy eh? Thats it then, self imposed ban on anything keyboard related , again.And when I said ,'missus beating you' I didn't actually mean that she comes home angry and .........

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  18. GTC

GTC Member

Club:
    anston
    thats mark stenton in the pic using his heavily modded falcon, the suppresor/stripper in the pic is his own invention and i hear he's in talks with several firms at the mo, bit of competition as to who will market it.

19. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

He needs to be careful Graham as I think Listerine have the silencer already Patented :D

20. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC

You should see some of my emails from my work phone when I dont put my glasses on!!:eek: :D:D:D:D