NEFTA grading question

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by paul4be, Oct 17, 2011.

1. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Quick question for the head honcho's in NEFTA about gradings as a newbie to this FT lark..

Winter league rules state:

Grading will be taken from the National grading list that is current at the first shoot of the season and these grades will hold for the whole seasons competition. The Recoiling class is un-graded. Any shooter who doesn't have a national grade at the start of the season will be given a grade after three scores have been recorded.

Are the national grades that are referred to those shown on the BFTA site?

Just that I am shown with a grade on there but as ungraded on the NEFTA listing. I had just assumed that the BFTA grading lists for all of the clubs were the "National" lists??

Is the reality that unless already having shot within NEFTA and having a previous grade, it's always a first 3 scores and work from there job?

If somebody could explain for an idiot that would be great :D:D:D:D

2. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    had a quick look , is it paul habron , you are c grade on the bfta web site ,but if you look you have no score recorded at all , so you will be in the ungraded class in nefta till 3 scores accquired and graded and moved on accordingly flower .;) does this make sense.;)

3. rick

rick Member

Trev, Had a few questions about this, we have a few members who shot the winter league last year, but are shown as ungraded this year. Is it because they did get a 2011 BFTA card?

4. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Many thanks Trev, makes perfect sense, just wasn't sure quite how it all worked.

Just curious now, how are the grades worked out after the 3 scores?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  5. Coney

Coney New Member

Myself and a couple of other Anston members who shot last season with a grade and a current bfta card are ungraded this season. There also does not appear to be a recoiling class according to the scores!

Alan.

6. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    If someone has less than 3 scores recorded against there BFTA card then for the winter league they are classed as ungraded until they have completed 3 winter league shoots. This is to try and get people in the correct grades.

Once you have completed 3 shoots you will be graded based on the average of your 3 shoots.

If you do not have a BFTA card then you will be ungraded as there is no roling record of your grade (probably best to pay for one if you plan on shooting comps going forward)

Recoiling, SFT and visitor class are ungraded.

HTH

Dave.

7. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Alan - according to the results I had sent from Thorn Dell there were no recoiling shooters. The class exists but no one has put a score in yet so not displayed.

I will check your grade when I get on a computer tomorrow (currently on my phone)

Can you post up full names so I can check

Thanks

Dave.

8. IvanM

IvanM Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I wrote recoiling on my card and announced myself as such when booking in. Should I have recorded it somewhere else?

9. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Ivan - you did what you needed to but it would look like the stats person did not fill the details in on the sheet that was sent to me :(

I will sort it out tomorrow but the website is only updated once per shoot so your score in recoiling will not appear until after the next shoot.

The results sheets are filled in by people who have normally spent the entire day booking people in and working while we have our fun - they then have to go home and do more work on a computer entering all the results and then send to me. Its not an easy task after a long day so they get my thanks :)

Dave.

10. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Rick - I checked Pete Seniors stats and he only had 2 results against his BFTA number so he is down as ungraded. If he is supposed to have more results against his name then that is a question for the BFTA grading officer???

11. Coney

Coney New Member

Hi Dave,

Cheers for that,my name is Alan Ford and I had several scores last season recorded, certainly more than 3, I was put in to A grade after 3 shoots then moved to B grade according to the BFTA web site.

I did intend shooting in the springer class but did not get the rifle sorted in time :( I know Ivan Marsden and John Greaves both shot in the springer class, not sure if there were any others. I am hoping to shoot the springer at some point in the season though ;)

I am not critiisicing the lads n lasses that do the booking in, they have my complete support as they do a fantastic job :)

Alan.

12. IvanM

IvanM Member

Club:
    Anston FTC
    No worries - the banters always good at TD and more than makes up for a small administrative glitch :D

Agree with thanks and respect to everyone who sorts out the admin and reporting at the shoots.

13. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Thanks guys - I will take a look tomorrow morning.

14. shipo

shipo New Member

Club:
    ANSTON FTC
    HI DAVE
    Can you check mine pls i have been put in B grade but cant work out how they came to that , I shoot last years winter league SFT so not graded , shoot the classic SFT and shoot my first ever GP at redfearns where was put in C grade but some how the BFTA site had me down as B grade.
    Thanks Rob Shipman.

15. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    rob luv on the bfta web site you are b grade, but if you look you have only 1 score recorded, so once again you will shoot 3 nefta winter league shoots , you will then be graded and moved in to the correct grade.;);)

16. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Rob - I have had a look into this and found the following:

The grade sheet I have from the BFTA has you down with three results:
    Shipman Rob NEFTA ANSTON B 72.917 75.862 58.621
    Based on this I have put you in B grade as you have an average of 69.13%

The 58.621% and 75.862% are from the last winter league when you shot SFT.

Although the SFT class is ungraded (there is only one league) it appears that the results are stored by the BFTA and contribute towards your grade. To be fair I think B grade is about right for you based on the scores you are putting in shooting SFT.

Dave.

17. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Ivan Marsden and John Greaves have now been moved to recoiling but this will not show on the web site until after the next comp :)

18. IOM

IOM Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    :)Just like to say thanks to all the people involved in booking in grading etc we tend to forget the hours of work they put in behind the scenes !!:)

19. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC

Alan – the BFTA results sheet I have for you shows only 2 results (72.414 and 65.517)

These are the last 2 results from last years winter league.

Your name was not on the 2010 to 2011 BFTA sheet that I have so I can only assume that you got your BFTA card / number late on during the last winter league and your scores have been recorded from that point onwards.
    This may have happened for a few people who have reported shooting the last winter league but only having a couple of results showing. I have sent an email to the BFTA grading officer to double check if this could be the reason.

As you only have 2 results on the BFTA lsit I have marked you as ungraded for now and you will be graded after 3 winter league shoots.

Dave.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  20. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

It does now :D