Nefta competitions

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by gavin hopps, Nov 23, 2013.

1. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    Hi woundering if you are able to shoot in the winter leage if your not in a club?
    Just my dad would like a go a, as he used to shoot a very long time ago.
    Gav

2. maddog

maddog Active Member

Club:
    Emley f t c
    nefta

hi gav, I think the answer is no, he will not have club insurance,not only for him but every one else, that's the point of been a member of a club. dave

3. gavin hopps

gavin hopps GP 2015 C GRADE CHAMP

Club:
    Pontefract
    Thanks maddog. I thought that would be the answer.

4. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

As I understand, and I have signed such people in, anyone can shoot but they must prove their name and address and have it recorded to be insured.

5. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    The NEFTA Hunter series is open to anyone as long as they sign in, so I wold have thought the winter series was the same. Someone will clarify soon though.

I cannot believe that I am agreeing with Luddite again!:rolleyes::D

6. Brian.Samson

Brian.Samson Allowed in Sales Staff Member

Club:
    Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range
    This isn't an official NEFTA reply - I just do the scores, I'm not an official.

But.. I did the initial investigation into insurance requirements when we started the NEFTA Hunter series..
    Visitors are covered by the clubs insurance, and there doesn't appear to be a limit on the number of visitors now as there once was with the old insurance scheme. So in terms of insurance, so long as you sign in as a visitor (and adhere to the hosting club's rules for being a visitor - so you may need to give an address and sign a declaration that you comply with Section 21 etc and that your gun is under 12fpe and legal) then you'll be covered by the clubs insurance.

The NEFTA Winter league shoots do allow visitors to take part.. so in the absence of an official response... I'd say that you'll be ok to come along and sign in as a visitor.

Steve Hebby or Trev should be able to give you an official answer.

7. Steve Hebby

Steve Hebby Beware the Chair

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Cheers Brian, your response is correct pal;)
    The NEFTA Winter league shoots do allow visitors who are not members of a club to take part. Each NEFTA club is covered for visitors under their own insurance.

Steve