NEFTA Classic - what a cracker!!

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by paul4be, May 6, 2012.

1. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    Huge thanks to everyone at the Classic. Absolutely cracking weekend with some top shooting.
    Those who kept the thing running did a superb job, even Trev :p

Well done to all those who won. Sure Dave will be along with the scores at some point when he's had some sleep :D:D:D

Cheers Shaun for keeping me company and keeping me on track, it was a pleasure shooting with you mate.

2. Coney

Coney New Member

Great weekend, well done to all who helped make it such a fantastic weekend. Special thanks should go to all those that helped and didn't even shoot, booking in, marshalls etc etc.

Thanks to Jesus for the great company, looking forward to the next one ( that's if Dave can stand the stress :eek: ) :D

Alan.

3. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    No stress here all like clock work of which i need to say thanks to Paula and Paula, Mel and susan you were all ace.

4. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

iye run smooth as silk, top job, dave, lasses, lads from emely, Kieth G, Anson, aitch. mega shoot.

5. DaveRobinson

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Yes forgive me there are many unsung heros that give up their time to make it all possible Bob Cheif marshall and basicly the bloke that does everything from making sure the toilets are clean to putting things out and away You are Mega. Aitch you always scare the eck out of me when i shoot the sillies but you do it so well and with grandaugter dorris in tow who is your left hand woman....Big thankyou to pete dutton for putting up with my requests to update the nefta site....And a general big thankyou to everyone who put the effort in before during and after. Most of all thanks for everyone who turned up and enjoyed the shoot

6. ts@emftc

ts@emftc Tristan Scott

Club:
    emley moor ftc
    got to say you looked knackerd at the end but you defanatly put the effort in mate, im glad to have got to know you over this awsome weekend and look forward to catching up with you soon. cheers tristan

ps well done everyone and for simon for keeping up moral, it was a long weekend but well worth every second. bring on next year.:D

7. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Another fantastic weekend at the Classic :) Anyone who hasn't shot this event should give it a go as it is THE best comp of the year.

Many thanks to everyone who made the competition possible - I knowit takes many months of planning and organisation to put the shoot on and then a huge effort over the weekend from lots of people who do it for the pleasure it brings others.

Thanks also to little Jack Harris for his company over the weekend and to all the shooters around us on the courses for the banter ;)

Dave.

8. TREV RYN

TREV RYN https://www.neftaonline.org/

skelmanthorpe ,west yorkshire,emley moor ftc
    yes what a great weekend, many thanks to all the helpers , especially to dave robbo, paula,paula,sue,mel , harry,n doris, great to see the over sea visitors as well :):) well done to all those that won something as well;););)

9. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Best shoot of the season by far, great courses, great company and great fun.
    Thanks to Dave and all the organisers for a mega competition which ran like clockwork and Duane "Gorilla Mitts" for the lift to the airport.
    Conor

Damn I hate those little pigs with no legs!:D

10. Sammo

Sammo Member

Brilliant

Well done to everyone, Great courses, I enjoyed the weekend and the company, thanks for putting up with me Glyn. Well organised so thanks to everyone for the hard work they must have put in so as to make this so special.
    Looking forward to next year.

11. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    I really enjoyed the weekend, courses & banter - all ran like clockwork with no stoppages on our first round.

The stoppage on the red ft course (sunday) was a pearler - hope somebody got it on film, cracking entertaiment from the marshall involved **:D

** name withheld to spare his blushes (for about 2 mins):D

12. johnharper

johnharper Member

Club:
    YORK FTC
    thanks

just like to say a big special thanks to all involved for my first nefta classic none of us could have had a cracking weekend without all the special people who did all the work so a big thanks to you all
    thanks paul lawernce for your coaching tips and your company
    as arnie says in his films I WILL BE BACK
    thanks
    john harper

13. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    I think every first timer says the same thing John, it's very easy to get bitten by the classic bug. God knows why we all subject ourselves to the rigour's of it year after year...:confused::D
    Well done to all who made it possible, you're a credit to the sport!:cool:

14. plattitude

plattitude Active Member

Club:
    Anston
    No problem John, hope I was a help and not a hinderence on your first NEFTA Classic, just glad once you had settled in and actually took a breath or two:D it began to fall into place, we all put ourselves under pressure because its THE NEFTA CLASSIC instead of saying there just targets to be shot at and relax and enjoy what must be one of the top shoots in the world, easier said than done I know,( starting to sound like a veteran and its only my second classic,so I will shut up:D).
    Massive thanks to all involved from the course designers/builders and daily helpers to the stats people who have worked hard to make the event what it truly is, AWESOME.

Paul

15. alan-aitch

alan-aitch I'll practice tomorrow...............

Club:
    Bisley
    Massive thanks...

Huge thanks to everyone that was involved in organising and running the Classic, great weekend.

Great to see everyone there, thought the meal on Saturday was a great idea, looking forward to next year!! Imagine that, actually looking forward to something that involves taking 88 standers over two days... :eek:

Thanks to Russ for the company and congratulations for getting a personal best on the racks on Saturday.... and then beating it on Sunday ;)

Thanks again NEFTA.

Alan and Ash.

16. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Thanks all for putting on a great weekend.

Well done too to all the winners.

James

17. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    I was expecting a much worse review mat :) , it was a pleasure keeping you company over the 2 days. Of course you can shoot with me next year - its a date :)

Thanks to everyone involved. making this (my 1st classic) a very enjoyable experiance, definatly up for this next year.

Mark

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  18. Martz

Martz Member

Club:
    Redfearn FTC
    Amazing weekends shooting, thanks to all those involved in organising and running the event.

Special thanks to Dave Tomlinson & Kev Sayers for swapping groups so I could get to the Crucible :) And Mick Woodhead for putting up with me for 2 days and going along with the group swap.

Having been out of FT for nearly 5 years, it was a great introduction back to the sport. I thought the courses were superb.

The sillhouettes still give a good dose of adrenaline :D

19. DaveRobinson

Club:
    Anston FTC
    I heard the whistle up at the stats shed followed shortley by a loud appluse and a lot of cheers...rumour has it SIMON HIGGINS went arse over tit going down one of the bankings.......If these facts are correct please did any one capture this on photo or video??:D

20. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Dave Thomlinson was looking for someone to blame for crashing from a 36 on the sillies on Saturday to a 28 on Sunday. I suggested you ;)