1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help setting up t35 scope

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Ratinator, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Evening gent,s
    Looking for a little help setting up my falcon t35.
    What i need to know is what height from centre of barrel to centre of scope will allow me to dial between 10yds to 55 yds.
    I can then order a set of bkl's to slot it on top of my mk4.
    Not too worried about the ckeeck piece,i'll sort that later.
    many thanks simon

2. Pod

Pod New Member

Club:
    Bisley
    I have mine on a Daystate Mk3 in Sportsmatch elevation adjustable mounts.

I'd guess the mounts are about 27mm.

This allows dialling for 10 yards to 55 yards within one rotation (I have the 1/8th click model)

3. rich

rich Active Member

If you keep the centre to centre distance under 2 inches you should be fine.

Congratulations - if that is the right word - on having one of the best - and least recognised - scopes made.

4. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I use sportsmatch ATP61, adjustable elevation mounts. Adjustable range 10 -45 clicks , from 55 down to 8 yds. Its the 1/4 moa model.

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Shares .

I reckon rich must have shares in the T35 ? either that or he bought a job lot ??? HOLLY:):D

6. rich

rich Active Member

Holly, if I were younger I would love to have shares in the business and do a real marketing job as I used to in industry. This scope is one of the hidden gems of FT. Unfortunately people buy scopes on name and reputation. I always aspired to own a Leupold.:) I got one and didn't keep it. ;)

Or maybe I got really lucky and my T35 was made on a Wednesday. :D

7. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    I bought mine on a Wednesday, does that count? :D

8. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I like the T35, but im an FT novice. So give us your best marketing shot. Why do you think the T35 is so good?:)

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    I know what you mean rich . i have not bought a T35 . but looked through two . yes like the BSA it did a job of work . it did not have a quality feel to em . controls were stiff . clicks were a bit vague in places . but for the money , probably hard to beat . i have had two really good scopes . one the lupe MK4 and my 20+50 lupe . ( just sold that to help finance a small camper van ) the thing about them was that win or lose they were a pleasure to look through and use . just got the MK4 left now . took me a year of hard saving to get that scope . i suppose in the end it is what floats your boat ??? HOLLY

10. rich

rich Active Member

Why is it so good?

Well, I can see the burrs on the heads of the screws holding the target numbers to the post at 55 yards away. That's not bad for a start, if you want something to fine focus on.

If you can't tell when it's sharp and when it's not sharp, then the scope is no good for accurate rangefinding, that's how I see it.

Optically it knocks the pants off the older big Nikkos and they are widely used.

If your scope wheel is a bit stiff to turn, do what I did. I took the small wheel off (just one small screw holds it on) and found a piece of wooden dowel just smaller than the inside of the wheel. Wrapped some 600 grit wet and dry round the dowel and with the aid of a power drill lightly worked on the wheel to open it up just a shade.

Using a digital mike I worked out that the standard clearance was enough to compress the two very thin O rings rather more than was necessary, and an increase in the bore size amounting 0.1mm would still retain an interference fit over the O rings but not squash them so much. Checking all the time for progress, then a polish and a re-lube and reassemble.

Focus drift with temperature, has been almost non existent right up until this last cold snap, where I have seen the T35 try to tell me that some targets that I know are only inches short of 55 yards are actually at 51 yards. That was after shooting in minus 6 for about an hour.

The Leup that I had almost needed a slide rule to work out where the index point had to be placed.

11. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Hi Rich. What is the minimum focus on yours please?

12. rich

rich Active Member

Been out and just found your post . . .

Mine goes down to 10 yards. I have a close focus adaptor that swings over the front. The wheel is marked from 55 down to 11 yards without the CFA, and from 13 to 8 yards with it. So I have the choice from 13 down to 10, use the CFA or not.

This pic is probably not very helpful . . . :eek: http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/richex21/IMG_0007low.jpg

13. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Thought about an adapter,but even though my minimum focus is 11yds i can still make out 8 yarders enough to hit them. I make it 2 clicks between 11 and 8 yds. But as i said im an FT novice, so im still learning. My methods are not very refined.

14. Ratinator

Ratinator Well-Known Member

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Thanks gent's

great help as usual
    i've ordered a set of bkl's of the bay,will be interested to see how quike they get here with the weather .
    The last set took no more than 36hours [thehammerfalls top people to deal with].
    Liked what i saw on the range markings,may invest in a close focus adapter.
    thanks again for all your help
    simon

15. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Close focus adaptor

Simon,

Trust me, it is always worth having one on the scope as it will return its cost back to you countless times and in my eyes is essential. Im sure someone like Holly would say differently but as usual thats him.

This is my personal opinion...

Berty

16. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    That doesn't sound right - the number of clicks will depend on scope height, velocity of gun and if 1/8 or 1/4 clicks etc but even without knowing any of those I would say you need quite a few more clicks between 11 and 8 yards than you have found.

Dave.

17. cb2591

cb2591 Member

I know it dosent look right. That was my prosport,it only runs at 9.5 ftlb. Lets put it this way, at 12yds its26 clicks ,at 8 yds its 22 clicks. So its inbetween somewhere lol. Just about to use aTX200 instead [ ps for hft] . That runs at 11.4 ftlb,would expect the number of clicks to increase. As i said im still learning.:)