Need A Air Rifle

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by O'Keeffes, Jul 13, 2010.

1. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

My son who is 14 wants and air rifle to shoot HFT/FT and also rats and birds. He has £200 and would prefer a Co2 powerd or precharged. Any suggestions ? Thanks

2. O'Keeffes

O'Keeffes New Member

Really need some help. anyone ?

3. Dazzzle

Dazzzle New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Hi there, why don't you visit a local HFT club, there is nearly always someone selling when upgrading, have you checked the UKAHFT website clubfinder for your nearest club

4. NarkyMark

NarkyMark New Member

Club:
    TAWD VALE
    I am selling this at the moment :D Click Here
    Far better than any CO2 rifle for HFT use, where shot to shot consistancy is oh so important!

I would also include an AGS 3-9x40 mil-dot scopes with mounts for nowt if you paid the asking price of the rifle, I can't say fairer than that!

Cheers,

Mark

5. Weevie

Weevie Banned

£200 isn't enough I'm afraid to buy and run a PCP.

Secondhand you might be able to pick up an S200 (an excellent rifle for HFT) for a little more than £200. Then you'd have to buy a scope. Say £60 for a reasonable starter scope. Then you'd need a source of compressed air; you'd possibly be able to pick up a 3 litre 300 BAR bottle with adaptor for about £130 (I'd recommend not bothering with a stirrup pump, they're not significantly cheaper than a bottle and they need a bit of weight and strength to get them working) . Add a gunbag and pellets and you're talking over £400 separately. If bought as a job lot secondhand you might get the kit for £350 or so.

So, two options then. Save some more money or buy a quality secondhand springer.

Sorry to micturate over your son's cornflakes. :( I think it's brilliant that he's saved so much but unless he gets very lucky those are the unavoidable facts.

Oh and CO2 isn't really an option. I do know some people have had some success with some very careful tuning of CO2 rifles but without that they're way too temperature variable to be of any use beyond casual plinking and close up hunting. It'd be a waste of his hard earned/saved money.

The Brocock Concept Narky Mark is selling may be a path into this but you'll still need a bottle.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  6. oldybutgoody

oldybutgoody Member

Club:
    Glevum
    Air Rifle

Hi OKeefes why dont you both come along to Glevum club in Gloucester there will be all sorts of guns being used that you can have a look at, and there is always a for sales board and members selling guns. Tuesday night would be best. you can get all the details off of the web site http://glevumtsc.co.uk

Mick

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Can't argue with what weevie said and I would certainly take Mick up on his offer;)