Name & Shame Scammers- Fraud Alert Section ?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by JasonGoldsmith66, May 4, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Idea for Naming & Shaming Fraudsters- create a section in this Forum where scammers are reported, AND all other Forums Admins. informed immediately - going as far afield to Belgium, Holland, France, Germany, Poland, South-Africa, New Zealand etc...sharing like Interpol, any info. on said scammer....

Robf, with your global network of mates, can you start an email & discuss this with other Forum Admin chaps ?

Apparently, from AirgunBBS, this is the mug of the w*nker :mad: who defrauded some members the tune of 1800 quid ...on a couple of black Steyrs...and to think I emailed him as well to enquire on availibility...

PS: I dont know which one in the pic is the culprit, so can someone point him out ?

What do others think of this idea ?

2. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Not a good idea, Get the name and shame wrong and the forum could be opened up to all sorts of legal problem , as you state you dont know which one it is in the picture so the other two chaps could be labeded .

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Exactly why the image has been deleted.

Forum admins already have a vehicle for sharing info. ;)

4. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    I figured it was the chap in the middle with the medal, but get your point...as I gave it a cursory glance before posting...and my brain did a double take about a guy winning 1st place...but also being a Jekyll & Hide character...so couldnt actually point him out...(if that makes sense ?)

Though its shocking to be reminded from time to time - 'there are wolves in sheeps clothing amongst us ' in the shooting community..:eek:

5. RobF

Club:
    Unfortunately there are some who will take advantage of the huge amount of trust and goodwill that exists in the shooting community.

If anyone has any problems with people here or a link posted here, then they can forward the details onto me and they will be flagged up elsewhere as well.

6. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -

Did you work at Interpol ? :D

7. RobF

Club:
    Nah, but I have friends who work in low places elsewhere :D