My rifle choice for HFT....

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by CharlieFarlie, Jan 16, 2012.

1. CharlieFarlie

CharlieFarlie Member

Club:
    Member of Worcester Air Rifles and Glenrothes Target shooting club.
    This is the Rifle I have settled on for HFT.... The scope fitted is aviper 10 x 44 .
    [​IMG]
    I was looking around for an Air Arms EV2 Mk4 but they seem a little thin on the ground. Plus after a word from a Forum Member about the Reg problems I decided to go Daystate Mk4 albeit in Platinum guise..
    This Gun is No 100 of 100 made and has fired just 100 shots.. It is a little bling for some tastes but I like it.. I believe many buyers of these guns buy them to sit in a cabinet and not use them.... No way could I do that. It will get used as often as I can get out with it..

I pick it up in two weeks time on My next trip to the Midlands..:D:D

Opinions ??

Thanks.

Charlie.

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Good luck with it. I don't know of anyone who bought a Platinum to look at except the bloke you had that from. Most of them got covered in shite with everything else!:)

3. CharlieFarlie

CharlieFarlie Member

Club:
    Member of Worcester Air Rifles and Glenrothes Target shooting club.
    Browsing the Daystate Forum suggests that many are cabinet queens.......:cool:

Charlie.

4. labman

labman Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Platinum

Hi Charlie

Bought one of these last year and use it at the club ( gtsc ) and for hft which i tried last year for the first time.
    The one i have is very pellet fussy but thats not to say they are all like that.
    Very well balanced rifle and the ambi stock comes in handy on some hft targets
    You wont go wrong with it whatever type of shooting you do
    Happy shooting :shot:

Grant

5. TimG

TimG Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    I have a Panther which is a Platty in different clothing. Brilliant gun, mine is for FT.
    Good: its a Mk4, very consistant, superb trigger.
    Bad: not keen on the thumb position but getting used to it and with a big Nikko and a Rowan wheel its heavy but that should not be a problem if you are using it for HFT 'cos you won't be using that sort of set up.

6. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Good luck with it Charlie, lets hope its not windy lol!

7. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    I've personally found Daystates to be extremely accurate and consistent rifles.

The Viper is a good choice for HFT as well – very useful reticle!

Enjoy!

Cam.

8. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Real HFT experience suggests lots have been in use and have done quite well.;) It's a great gun for what you want, but as an appreciating investment as many of the Daystate fan boys would have you believe it's not. Nothing wrong with that though it'll go well.:)

9. A458

A458 Member

Club:
    Furnace Mill
    I too have the exact set up with my Platinum, which is now shooting well. You will need to find suitable pellets as they can be fussy, I use FX pellets a JSB renamed 4.52, but it also does ok on zero targets with AA and Daystate selects, all 8.44. Have fun and hope to see you on the circuit, but please don't pick up my Peli case in error.
    Ian:rolleyes:

10. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Not Quite,

The Panther has a Lothar Walther barrel and the Platinum has a Anschutz, The Anschutz match barrel is great, however, most of them like to kept clean (every 300 shots or so) and can be quite pellet fussy.

You should have no problems with the Platinum Charlie, enjoy it mate.