My review : Zeiler 8/32x44

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by FUBAR, Aug 30, 2009.

1. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

THE ZEILER 8/32X44 IS A VERY GOOD SCOPE. TODAY I SPENT THE DAY SHOOTING - H.F.T IN THE MORNING AND HUNTING IN THE AFTERNOON .

I PUT THE SCOPE ON MY AAS410 .177 YESTERDAY AND THIS MORNING JUMPED IN MY MATES VAN AND DROVE TO THE SHOOT. WE GOT THERE ABOUT 9:30 WITH THE SHOOT STARTING AT 10:00:eek: ZERO TIME ON THE RANGE WAS GOING TO BE TIGHT AND TO ADD TOO IT I NEEDED TO PUMP MY RIFLE UP SO IN ALL I HAD ABOUT 20MINS RANGE TIME .

I FOUND THAT AFTER LOADING UP MY MAG, ADJUSTING MY PARALAX TO 25YRDS AND PUTTING MY MAGNIFICATION ON 10X, THE ACTUAL SCOPE ITSELF WAS ONLY AN INCH RIGHT AND TWO INCHES LOW, BUT ON THE PAPER , THIS IS A GOOD THING BECAUSE IT ONLY TOOK ME A FEW MINUTES TO ZERO WHICH IN TURN LEFT ME MORE TIME TO WORK OUT MY RANGES :cool:

THE ZEILER HAS A CHRISTMAS TREE STYLE RETICLE, THE CENTRE AND THE FIRST LOWER LINE ARE VERY FINE THIN LINES, HOWEVER THE REST IE THE 3RD, 4TH AND 5TH ARE A BIT THICKER/WIDER WHICH AT FIRST I THOUGHT MIGHT HINDER MY LINE OF SIGHT, BUT TO MY JOY I LATER FOUND I DIDN'T NEED TO USE THEM . THE GUN AND SCOPE BEING ZEROD @ 25YDS PUT THE SECOND LINE BANG ON 45YDS, SO EVERYTHING INBETWEEN THOSE RANGES FELL IN :D APART FROM 8 AND 10 YDS WHICH SEEMED TO BE BANG ON THE THIRD LINE DOWN SO OVERALL NOT BAD AND PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD .

THE GLASS I FOUND TO BE VERY CLEAR AND CRISP EVEN AT 15 YDS. AT 13 YDS HOWEVER IT STARTED TO GET BLURRED, WHICH IN MY MIND IS GOOD BECAUSE THIS GAVE ME AN IDEA OF RANGE, AND AS FOR 8 - 10 YDS THEY ARE BLURRED, BUT I FOUND I COULD JUST ABOUT MAKE OUT THE KILLZONE.

FOR A SCOPE THATS TWENTY YEARS OLD OR THERE ABOUTS IT CERTAINLY TICKS ALL MY BOXES , WITH THAT HIGH GLOSS FINISH AND THAT SUBTLE FINE RING OF BRASS THAT SITS ON THE END OF THE PARALAX ADJUSTER , THE SYTLE OF CROSSHAIR AND THE CLEAR CRISP OPTICS WOULD IN MY OPINION GIVE MORE MODERN SCOPES OF A SIMILAR DESIGN A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY . THE ONLY THING I FOUND TO BE A BIT OF A PICKLE WAS THE EYE RELIEF BUT THIS WAS SOON SORTED WITH A MAXIMISER.

OUT OF 10 9 AND A BIT:D :cool: IF YA SEE ONE OUT THERE FOR SALE GRAB IT !;)

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD TO THIS THEN PLEASE DO , I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THIS SCOPE .

ALL THE BEST GENTS . FUBAR

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  2. martin c

martin c New Member

puffed daddy

I have seen how slow you pump ,so that was 5mins range time then mate :D

3. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

:eek::eek::eek:

Nice scope Nick but all that pOOp about setting it up doesn't cut the mustard when I said just go top of kill on everything ......... chuffin chancer . lol

Great reticule and clear as a bell , not sure about the scope size though as its nearly as long as the s400 ... probably the same length as a s400 carbine in fact when mounted .

atvb

Dave

4. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

got me a 54 /60 not bad for a first time shooting with that scope eh :cool:

ps : dave are you able to find anything on this scope as in adds, histroy , spec , different types im just curious mate :)

cheers

5. Jon

Jon Member

Just a little something, they were still being advertised by AA about 1/4 way in to 1993.
    It is exactly the same scope as the Tasco TS 8-32X44, with different ret and optics. Had both, Tasco for 3 days then slung back only because it was a Bank Hol weekend, swapped for the Zieller 8-32 which i used until April 1994. Got me 8th in MFTA with bare min shoots ie non dropped.

The ret was designed for maggies at 700 ft/sec the best pellet at time.
    Ladder rets/holdover not the most accurate, needed in between 5 and 6th line for 55 yards from memory.
    You can elongate the slot in front bell so it comes down closer.
    1/12" clicks it dont matter if you cant feel the clicks, still perform the same.
    You dont need the sunshade.
    Quite good hunting as long as you know the range. Used to have it on my Diana 52, JH Titan, 1st and 2nd one off hand made guns i made.

Still got a Zieller 8-32 some where boxed.

6. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

all in all not a bad scope then, thanks for the info mate :)