My pics from the Worlds 2013

Discussion in 'WHFTA Official forum' started by Marksman, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Marksman

Marksman New Member

Club:
    Juniper Green ARC
    Howdy folks

Some of you already know I was at the World HFT Championships at Kelmarsh at the weekend.
    I didn't do particularly well scoring a meagre 40 on day 1 and 39 on day 2 so was really disappointed with myself as I know I could have done a lot better.
    Anyhoo.... It was a fantastic weekend and I met some great people and some of the big names from the world of HFT & airgunning in general.
    If you get the chance I fully recommend you give it a go.
    Roll on next year for the Worlds and I'm also hopefully going to get to some dates for the UKAHFT Nationals.

As always I try to do my "photography bit" so here are the pics I took.

http://www.djlphoto.co.uk/p295893636

Darryl

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Nice shots... like the portrait work :)

3. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Nice work thank,s for posting.

4. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Nice pics buddy. Keep'em coming mate

LAity

5. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

You made some great pics there Darryl!

6. Tims

Tims New Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Great pics Daryl. Wish I was there. :-(

7. TheWhiteDragon

TheWhiteDragon Member

dont worry about scores bud, at the end of the day you still walk away with a World Ranking, the standard of the shooting really was exceptionally high.

the top score was 58 on both days.. thats incredible considering the temperature, wind, and not forgetting the evil planning of the course setters to make things interesting..

as long as you enjoyed the weekend & meet some new people, that's the important bit :)

looks like you got some great pics either way :p

8. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi Darryl,

never mind about the poor scores, i'm betting you learnt alot (that's one bonus with missing) & your up for some more so get stuck in mate.

Some great guys at the worlds (and gals :D), certainly can be fun without shooting just a pity there was no airgun expo.

Keep at it mate & above all have fun

ps: nice pics

Mark

9. TheWhiteDragon

TheWhiteDragon Member

to be honest that was a real shame, the space we had at the top all the manufacturers had the perfect chance to get a range setup for testing the toys, i took a fair bit of money away with me expecting to get some good toys and came away with hardly anything..

they really did miss a great opportunity, i was just glad that brocock turned up they had some good deals last year.

10. Petervw

Petervw Member

Gunstuff

that is what I missed at the fair too :confused:
    maybe manufacturers don't want to come out in the cold , even when there are about 400 potential buyers walking around :eek:
    very very strange

Peter

ps ; nice pics Darryl

11. KeithW

KeithW Barn door? Where?

Club:
    Cambridge
    Looking at the Kelmarsh website from last year there were more manufacturers there last time round (I wouldn't know, this was my first) so perhaps they found that last year it just wasn't worth them attending as full scale exhibitors.

But I'd agree, if the The Worlds "team" could managed to speak with the event organisers and get a rate for manufacturers to come along and each have a lane to let 360 of THE WORLDS BEST SHOOTERS try their kit instead of just stamping their feet while waiting to shoot / hear the outcome it would almost certainly be a benefit all round. And if we could get some proper spectating options it would add to the whole atmosphere. That and better weather ...

12. blackscale

blackscale Member

Nice pics :D

13. Tye

Tye Shabba

Club:
    Moxons ARC, Tamworth SG,Welsh Covert SG, Whittington GC, Greyhound GC
    The main issue with game fairs from a manufacturer/retailer point is the costs involved. Example if a stand was say £1k for two days then you have staff wages, travelling costs, point of sale, merchandise etc its not cheap to do the weather over last two years doesn't help. We seen the recent snow effect sales plus economy and doom and gloom on the news! The game fairs will be at risk of having none of the manufacturers/retailers unless security is tighten up too many thefts stock stolen and also costs need to come down. A retailer offering great deals will attract customers but a retailer cannot offer discount deals if there overheads are high. Low fees to retailers/manufacturers also family deals at the gate. More security Brocock had there stall broken into load of stock stolen when I went in daylight at 5pm I seen FOUR security guards walking down one aisle. There was none patrolling around for over an hour at night time!!! I'm having a moan as that's why manufacturers/retailers won't rush to do game fairs!! High costs in exhibiting pitch fees/security issues are two of main reasons.