my anschutz

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Craigfishin, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Craigfishin

Craigfishin Bsa Goldstar Se

Club:
    SARC
    just thought id show you my new rifle , very please with the anschutz 8002 s2 , just need a big nikko now to sit on top of it , or an alternative ft scope ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plus now using one of jons windicators , thanks mate :D

[​IMG]

thanks for looking

regards

craig

2. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Nice

Craig...

Who owned this rifle before yourself bud...?

Berty

3. Craigfishin

Club:
    SARC
    craig , barrys ( kiltys) son :)

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Craig

Craig has now got a nice shiny 9003 shutz . very nice . as for putting a Big Nikko on it . well to be fair they are the best of the cheaper scopes no problem . but if you have a 8002 , then really a 20+50 lupe is the one unless you have LOADS of money . try craigs one on his 9003 ??? HOLLY :D

PS lighter than a Big Nikko .:)

5. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Ah thought so...

Fair play you e got a nice gun there...

I know the guy who had it all done etc... Was one of the nicest guns I've shot.. But I haven't shot many hehe.....

Berty

6. Craigfishin

Club:
    SARC

wish i could :( , the falcon t50 keeps being mentioned as a good priced ft scope , i do like the silver version :D

thanks holly ;)

7. Craigfishin

Club:
    SARC

thanks berty , good to hear , if you have a minute id love some info on its earlier life , pm me anytime :D

8. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    T50

T50 , on a 8002 ? Noooooooooooooooooooo . a worthy scope but there is better out there . have a look through kiltys Big Nikko . he has a Schmidt and bender and he uses one . you can pay more and get a sightron . but a MK 111 will do all that you need . i was using mine today and even on 25 mag it was snapping in at 52 yards , no probs . the MK111 has better optics and the turrets are far better than the early ones . you know it makes sense ??? HOLLY:)

Buy shiny mounts to set it off ?

9. Craigfishin

Club:
    SARC
    Cheers mate , will be keeping my eye out for a used one :D

10. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I wouldn't be too dismissive of a T50, I have two here, and my shooting partner has two Mk111 Nikko's a NATO and a mildot, we did several days of back to back testing over a year ago swapping back and forth trying to find pro's and con's varying mag etc.

End result was one of my T50's came out on top and we had a bit of trouble separating the other three, but plumped for the NATO as second place but the Mildot Nikko last, but, it was subjective as there was no real obvious difference.

What we found was if the scope was a bit brighter , it snapped in with less definition, the NATO was a tad brighter on 50x but the #2 Falcon range found better, in both cases though it was marginal and could have come down to tired eyes messing with the scopes for two long, the mildot Nikko however was marginally optically poorer than the other three!

Anyway moral of the story is Nikko's and T50's vary in quality, it's a good idea to look through several if you can, a good T50 is as good as a good Diamond

11. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    In my opinion with what I've seen the average Nikko, (mk1 or Mk2 ) is best bet. The MK3 is/was very hit and miss.
    Being honest I haven't heard of a good T50 being used to much success...in fact I haven't heard of a good production T50!

12. Tartan

Tartan Member

Club:
    Springfield ARC - SEFTA
    Craig, Next time you are at Springfield give me a shout and I'll loan you a good Mk2 Big Nikko and you can see for yourself what its like.

13. Jon

Jon Member

Got a couple of good T50 production here, just that I prefer my March.
    Prefer last years production to current issue T50 both can range within 2ft at 61 yards in variable daylight. Higher mag than BSA as well.

Having had several BSA/Nikos even the worst T50 far exceed the average BSA/Niko in every department, most notably build quality.
    I do now the replacement rate when ASI were distributing quite a shocker no company could tolerate.
    Point being no one sells a good BSA/Niko, they are kept and don't come up for sale!

14. hmangphilly

hmangphilly The Doctor

how do you tell

for the inexperienced scope buyer,
    what do you look for ?
    how do you tell, test ?

what are the differences likely to be between a good one an average one and a poor one

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    First

First thing is to look through it on the mag you will use . IE 50 mag , is it so dark that you cannot make out the pellets marks on the target ? is it clear . then look up towards the sky ( not at the sun ) does it have a coloured ring around the outside ( not good ) does it repeat the ranges on the side wheel . 50 , 52 and 55 yards are the ones to look for . does the sidewheel move smoothly ( heavy is not bad , but it must be smooth ) do the turrets click nicely and not suddenly dissapear . any crimping to the body , scratches to the lenses . if the scope is mounted . fire a shot at 30 yards or so . then go 12 clicks up . fire another at the same point of aim . then go 12 clicks right . fire another at the same point of aim . then go 12 clicks down another at the same point . then go 12 clicks left and another shot at the same point. you should be back to the origional pellet mark . scopes are personal taste . but you must if you can have a look through it . cos it might just be a carrot that nobody wants . if so sell it to NJR on here ??? HOLLY:)

16. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I`d buy a scope of anyone after checking it properly, Bar you Holls.

Just feel I would be "Stuck" with it if I did you see lol:p

17. airborn68

airborn68 Member

Club:
    Ponte & Hull & District Ft (secretary)
    Nice windicator :D
    Did the new adapter fit ok.
    Regards Jon