Mueller 8-32x44 Target Dot

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by silver rain, Dec 9, 2012.

1. silver rain

silver rain Member

Club:
    Leon Field Target Asociation (LAFT).
    Is it a suitable scope for Ft?, i ´d read, in some NZ forums, very good reviews about it. They said it is better than a bushnell ellite and the price is a plus. ¿any feedback? ¿Did anybody have it?. I know it ´s common to see this scope in Bench rest competitions but i think despite of the fine reticle ( like the leup comp), it can be usefull for fieltarget. ¿ I ´m wrong?...Thanks a lot.

2. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Gotta say... you're barking up the wrong tree here...:confused:
    You've been saving for a Sightron on the 25th of Nov... after asking about a Falcon T50.
    Asking about a Bushnell 4.5-30x50...
    Then onto the Hawke sidewinder...
    And now the Mueller 8-32x44...
    If you want some sound advice, forget looking at the alternatives and save for a second hand Bushnell 8-32x40/Burris 8-32x44/Big Nikko/Leup comp/Sightron.
    I've used/owned the Bushnell/Burris/Leup 20-50x50 but never liked the look of the BN, I know it's a very popular FT scope and buying second hand you'd be very unlucky not to get the bulk of your cash back.:)

3. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Looks like a rebadged Zos to me, again the old maxim you only get what you pay for. Personally for that sort of money (well a little more) I'd hold out for a s/h big nikko/bsa, you wont regret it.

4. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    I use a Mk2 (small green turret) big nikko on both the pro-target and 2002 and to be honest more than happy to keep with them. Even if i went out and got a 9003/p800 built that is the way i'd go. Hope this helps our Spanish freind. :)

5. silver rain

silver rain Member

Club:
    Leon Field Target Asociation (LAFT).
    Sorry guys, i ´m a little missed in this theme. My first choice was the falcon T 50 but the reseller have not in stock for a while. I thought, well, may be its time to go for something better... Thats the reason I really was willing to buy the sightron at the web opticalplanet because they had a really good offer, but they said they dont send out of USA. My choices were reduced to the spain market, and there were the bushnell and the hawk sidewinder...and now, the Mueller. I ´m really sorry, no was my intention to be pedant a bit. I ´ll be more carefull in a future. Any way, thanks because patience.

6. DaveyNZ

DaveyNZ It's spreadsheet time!

Club:
    WAGNZ, NRC, MCASA, NZAFTA
    I like the Mueller 8-32s that I've used. Very clear, at least on a par with those I've looked through from Nikon. Sorry, haven't looked through a bushnell/burris so can't compare. The T50 prototype beat the Mueller hands down for depth of field. I understand the production T50s aren't as good.

Rangefinding was adequate but depth of field wasn't quite good enough for me past 45 yards. Other people have been fine with theirs. YMMV.

7. FPoole

FPoole Member

I have the Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32x40 AO, and the Burris Signature Series 8-32x44 R/A AO. I have looked through 2 different Hawke 8-32 side focus scopes that are in the same price range as the Bushnell. The Bushnell is better than the Burris by a slight amount and very much better than the Hawke in regards to clarity. I don't know how well the Hawke ranges, but both specimens I looked through were cloudy. I might add that, over here, the Burris hasn't been available, new, for many years.