MTC Viper-Pro 5-30x50 SCB2

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Marin, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Marin

Marin Member

Hello,
    I'm new here and hopefully I chooses the right place to ask about that scope.
    After seeing through MTC connect 3-12x32 I consider seriously buying it and it's big brother.

MTC Viper-Pro 5-30x50 SCB2

Someone own that scope?
    I'd like to know is it capable of range-finding above 40m till 50m?

I know the general answer "big niko at least" but I like MTC raticle way more as a mildot shooter.

Currently I'm using hawke sw 6-24 ffp and I like it but I miss distant shots in FT. I was Wondering whether the MTC can do it better.

2. garym

garym Active Member

Marin, most of the FT guys on here take the shot on 40-50 mag. :eek:
    The MTC reticle, for me is great.
    30 mag and FT! Problems.

3. JerryD

JerryD Active Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Hi Marin, and welcome to STB.

Generally, the higher the mag. the easier it is to rangefind at the longer distances. However, the quality of the glass also has an impact on how effective the scope is in resolving the image at distance. The Bushnell 4200 8-32 x 40 or the Burris 8-32 scopes are better than a lot of higher mag side focus scopes due to the quality of the glass. Even the Bushnell 4200 6-24x40 would probably give better results than either of the scopes you mentioned - but I'm biased,I like Bushys!:)

Having said that, you would find it easier to determine the longer distances with a 30x MTC than with a 24x Hawke, but don't get so hung upon a particular reticle. Most Ft shooters dial for distance, effectively negating any use of the vertical markings. Depending on how you aim off for wind then determines if a reticle with hash markings (e.g., Nikko Nato ret) or mil-dots - or no markings at all (i.e., plain cross) works best for you.

If you get a chance try a few high mag scopes like the Nikko, Sightron or Delta for ease of rangefinding before dismissing them on the basis of a reticle style.

Marin and garym like this.
  4. scott pywell

scott pywell Member

Club:
    hereward
    Jerry is right. But I got the viper pro as my first scope and for the price is very good the only down side is if using for FT ranging over 50 yards is not as precise as the x50 mag scopes. I have got one with sidewheel and zoom lever about 10 months in mint condition if your interested.

5. Marin

Marin Member

Guys,
    We started shooting with my wife 6 months ago with just one rifle and and so far shes better than me... I just bought her a new rifle (thanks Gary) and she's quite accurate with it. If I buy her the 'right' scope I have to go home cooking ;)

LUDJEV77 likes this.
  6. garym

garym Active Member

What you are really trying to say......
    She now wears the boots, you now wear the house slippers and apron.
    After I saw her shoot the CZ200. The rifle had to go. Two devils shooting as one. Your wife is a wicked shot. Credit to her.
    Buy her a Gamo, give us mortals a chance. I altered the mag , I altered the clicks. She still hit 19 out of 20. Pure witchcraft.

LUDJEV77 likes this.
  7. Marin

Marin Member

I'm interested. We can discuss it in PM. Is It scb2 raticle? Can you tell us honestly how is it working for measuring distances. With my hawke if I put enough attention on measuring I do it well until 40m but above its just estimation.

JerryD. The reason I search for specific rarticle is because I still prefer shooting using mildot holdover and windage estimation. I know that it's not as precize and not because I dont know how to dial the range. I just find it more natural and intuitive.

Otherwise electronic scopes, electronic triggers, nonalcoholic beer.. That's the road to plastic women...

8. scott pywell

scott pywell Member

Club:
    hereward
    To be honest the mtc wheel is not very big so I increase the diameter with perspex I think I still have ranging number on it will check every think out in morning and send some pics regards scott