mtc genesis ultra light 3-9x40 heads up

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by matt goodson, Feb 17, 2014.

1. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

Hi,
    I have one of these, and after a couple bad shoots have discovered that if I turn the ret locking screw on the side, (which is advertised as an extra feature to stop the scope shifting zero), I get a major point of impact shift, up and to the right.
    So now I dont bother locking the ret off, and just leave it in the unlocked position, where it holds zero. I've not seen another scope use this feature, and I suspect it needs a bit more development :D

Just a heads up! Really nice scope otherwise, (if you like a very thin ret)

matt :)

2. AND8D

AND8D Doh!

Club:
    Misfits, zone
    I have just got one of these for my daughters gun and found the same problem and its also a bit of a mess about to set the parallax which im not sure iv got right yet.

3. shaun eustace

shaun eustace Member

Club:
    Maldon and District (MAD)
    Interestingly I have exactly the opposite with mine. If I do not lock off the turrets as suggested then I cannot get the scope to hold zero. In fact it's a bit of a pain in the a*** as I have to lock the turrets off after every movement of the turrets.

4. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

I was thinking of contacting mtc, but if they are all like this then whats the point :cool:

I'm going to experiment a bit, and try tightening the locking screw part way to see if I can find a tension where it locks the ret but doesnt move it. I'll report back.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  5. AND8D

AND8D Doh!

Club:
    Misfits, zone
    Tested mine again and if i lightly tighten lock turret zero doesn't move so gently does seems to be the way to go.;)

6. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

Ace. Do you know how many turns from the fully unlocked position you gave it? Or was it a case of tighten it fully but not put any pressure into the last bit?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  7. AND8D

AND8D Doh!

Club:
    Misfits, zone
    lightly tighten until you think its just touching works for me but not fully tested yet will do at weekend and update

8. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

matt

9. LANKY MK

LANKY MK this **** is killing me.

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    After reading this thread awhile ago I finally got to test my MTC UL I purchased afew Weeks ago.

When I fist set it up it was VERY windy so today I noticed it wasn't set up right, I slackened the locking screw checked the p.o.i & it hadn't changed, altered the p.o.i until I was happy & tightened the locking screw, I checked the p.o.i again & it hadn't changed. It was abit windy today not ideal for zeroing a scope but I didn't notice anything strange with using the locking screw.

I then went on the HFT practice range just for a quick test, I felt the parallax setting needed changing which I did there & then, on going back to the zero range to check if changing the parallax had changed the p.o.i I found it had changed it, again I unlocked the screw & found the p.o.i to be same, adjusted p.o.i again for the new parelax setting & tightened the locking screw, same again didn't notice any change in p.o.i with using the locking screw.

Will hopefully get a nice windless day to get a proper test/zero, although the way the weathers going ill have to find a indoor range for that.

Mark

10. matt goodson

matt goodson New Member

Looks like my one is fine so long as you dont tighten it up too hard. Sorted :)