MTC Connect / Weihrauch HW100 ?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Dave g, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Dave g

Dave g Member

I am thinking of trying an MTC Viper Connect on one of my HW100`s but have concerns that the zero on the scope will creep with temperature fluctuations due to the HW100`s split/2piece action and the fact that the mounts for the Connect will only be on the rear (hammer/shuttle) part of the action. Normal mounts & scope must help lock the 2 pieces of the action together.

Your thoughts would be appreciated or if anybody has already tried a Connect on an HW100 did you experience any problems.

Thanks, Dave.

2. regsie

regsie Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Don't know who told me Dave but I think its possible to get a plate that locks the two parts together then you can mount on that.
    I'm sure someone will soon shoot me down if I am wrong :)
    Don't ask me where to get one tho haven't a clue

3. Bill Peat

Bill Peat TALLENTLESS PUMPERTEER

Club:
    PURLEY CHASE
    Dave try AJP on here "knob man" will make one to your spec for you.
    bill

4. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

Dave Welham does a dedicated HW100 scope rail/bridge that's low profile and has all the cut outs in the right place, etc :)

5. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this?

6. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

My old man has been using one for about 18 months Dave, not zero'd since it first went on. As Bill said though speak with Johnno and he'll be able to do a brace that'll look cool, or use a 1 piece mount and cut off the front part that you're not using.

Also have you seen the connectamount? The longer version looks like it'll bridge the two parts nicely - Worth a googe.