MTC Connect AMD 3-12X32

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Andy006, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Andy006

Andy006 Member

MTC Connect AMD 3-12X32 scope for HFT.

I normally stay away from MTC scopes, but this one is tempting me. I'm thinking of buying a second hand one. What is the general consensus on these for HFT?

I looked through one todat at the club and to be honest I was impressed with the view and the clarity at 10 mag.

Is anyone using one here for HFT and what do you think about it?

Thanks all, in advance for your helpful comments.

Andy_J
    :)

2. Ds4

Ds4 New Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    The MTC's have generally fallen out of favour with me with the exception of the Connect.

I've got one on my Daystate Mk4 and I think the major bonus with these is the lack of parallax error. One of my Viper 10x44's got replaced with an EB Sniper and the other with a Vortex Diamondback but the Connect is a keeper.

The optics are pretty good as is the depth of field.

Whereas my other scopes are on rifles with adjustable cheek pieces (EV2 and GinB stocked HW100) where head position is better fixed to control the parallax error, the Daystate doesn't have such niceties and so the Connect is an absolute winner.

ATB Mark

3. scutter

scutter Aspiring to mediocrity

Club:
    MEMBER OF M.A.D
    Dave Ramshead used one to score a 80ex80 at the Gathering and I shall be using one next year.

I reviewed one for Airgunner last month and I love it.

I can email you a copy of the review if you would like.

Gary

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

So thats' a Pro & a Con then :p

5. willo

willo Nikon Shooter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    Doesn't look like a connect tho :p

[​IMG]

6. hotversion

hotversion Member

re

Ive just got one to try next year, got the srb ret as it was cheap n s/h,10mag is true milldot,depth ov feild is fandabbydosy,20yard parallax is ok for 10yard to 45 but feild is way out to 65yard plus,no parallax error,looking forward to this,thothey have just brought out another connect 28mm have a look at that?:) cons well just the 2 or one mounts at the front end,thats it:cool:

7. poth

poth Whafta old Gits world champion

Club:
    Quarry hunters hft
    Theres not a lot of diopler adjustment only +-2 so Iif you gpt bad eyes you will have troible getting the recticle to focus

8. Ds4

Ds4 New Member

Club:
    M.A.D
    Actually, that's a good point. I've got two Connects; one with enough diopter adjustment but the other does not quite have enough for my poor eyes. I think the +-2 is a bit marginal as 2.0 reading glasses are fine for me but the scope (now on my daughter's rifle) can't quite focus the reticle for me.

9. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    my gun was away having a service, so I used samantha's gun for gathering:D It still works;)

I've used the connect since July 2012, including a round earlier on this year with the connect SL, easy to use and don't get error. If you can get your head round the unusual mounting / no eye relief, they are a nice thing to use.

atb

10. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Thanks for all your input guys and the offer of the review. I think I will source a secondhand one as soon as one comes up.

Worth a try.

Cheers all.

Andy

11. tugg

tugg itchy trigger finger

Club:
    springfield and mad
    I love the connect . I shoot mine on 12mag and still have enough depth of field for hft ranges but I will argue there is still a very small amount of parallax error to contend with so do not become complacent with eye position.
    Your eye still has to be in the same place evrytime even though your eye makes contact with the eyebell.
    I also like the fact hat the eye touches the scope as I think it can help when shooting standers as there is another point of contact to help steady the rifle.
    I'm after a connect sl if anyone has one , as there are none available till the new year (for us mere mortals):rolleyes: