Mpr reg

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by holly, May 13, 2014.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Howdo Mug's , i mean fellow shooters . anybody got a MPR that has been reged ? if so how many more shots does it get . is the reg any good . who did it and how much was it to get fitted and supply . right you can all go back to sleep now . cheers HOLLY:)

2. Lavant_Lad

Lavant_Lad Old Git.

Club:
    Redfearns FTC. & Steve Smith's Dinnington.
    Have a look on the bay, Robert Lane regulators about £90 DIY. Sorry none in stock at the moment.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. Toucan59

Toucan59 Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    I must have the last one:D
    I will be fitting it Monday after the Fort double-header.

4. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Hi Dave, I put an FAC length cylinder on mine, about £35, with the prospect of getting it regged. Then I found out there was only a 4fps spread on it so didn't bother. With the extra length cylinder it was doing a minimum 80 shots. Neil.

5. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Holly, been there & tried that, no need for a reg, just get the hammer rail polished & the firing pin while it's apart, set it up & away she goes... I also run a lighter hammer in mine as well :)
    I had a Ben Taylor reg fitted, waste of £200 .....

6. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Right

right good advice . think i will wait till one comes up already done then . or see if i can get a longer cylinder . cheers HOLLY:):)

PS reason i need it is cos i got the wife one and she shoots it like a machine gun . so back to the bottle every 20 mins .:D

7. sneaky rodent

sneaky rodent top bombing

Club:
    pontifract
    Hi holly my dad looked at getting hiss s400 reged but in the end he just put an fac cylinder on an got roughly an extra 20 or so shots bout wot ud gt from a reg!! but the consistency remaind the same pluse its introducing another posable problem.

regards Andy

8. sven

sven Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar / SSV Ons Genoegen
    Holly, you don't get many more shots from a regged MPR, maybe 10 more.
    The velocity curve is already very flat on the MPR. Remember the reg takes some space in the cilinder and reduces the usable air volume. The only advantage of the reg (I've got an Audrius in my S400) is that you loose the velocity spread/curve you normally have. But to get a good shot count from the regged rifle you also need to tune the hammerspring, the firing pot, valve spring and for best results also the hammer. A lot of work for a few more shots. Especially for the MPR I would not do it. You risk a reg failure or a leak on an otherwise perfectly reliable rifle. The FAC air cilinder is the better option if you can handle the extra weight at the front.

9. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi Holly,
    I have a BTAS regged 400 and two non regged MPR's.

The BTAS regged gun gets 110 from a 190 bar fill before coming off the reg with a lightweight hammer.
    they all get approx 5 or 6 fps shot to shot.
    The MPR's as you know will do at least 50 good shots or 70 to 80 useable if practicing although 170 bar fill is plenty as you know.
    I would not bother to be honest either.

If you do decide to regg then Tench or Airmasters would be my choice.

Dean.

10. hotversion

hotversion Member

You cold put a FAC cylinder on like mine:D its better ballance and more shot count longer sweet spot.

11. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Fac

Right , sounds good , but where can you get a FAC cylinder ?

I set up the wifes MPR today on our range . now i had a good S200 for a year , so i know how they shoot . i think the MPR is easily a match for that barrel . i gotta say i was surprised by it . i set it up for left and right on a big puddle . up beyond that is a 60 gallon drum at 50 yards . took a few shots to get it on cos the rifle does jump at 780 fps .but once on it put three shots touching ( off the bench ) on the zero range with a following wind , it hit every thing on there . i reckon with a weight towards the front of the rail , you would be able to see the pellet in flight . an fac tube would help to that end . hat's off to you Mr Air Arms . good job done ??? HOLLY:):D

12. BruceGill

BruceGill New Member

Club:
    Springfield ARC
    Hi Holly. Try Julian Bond (bond air rifle spares) http://www.airarmsspares.com

Join Air Arms Owners forum and let him know your a member, you get a discount then :)

Top guy and top service.

13. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers

yes i am a member but due to disapointments with some of air arms gear i have not been on there for ages . will have a look . cheers HOLLY:)

14. pkfusion

pkfusion Member

I have an FAC cylinder and a Dave Welham reg. 120 shots and I got bored. 5fsp spread. Been in the s400 for years with no troubles at all.