Motor bike jackets

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Questions and Answers' started by bunnyman, Oct 16, 2010.

1. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Have noticed over the last few months some shooters wearing motor bike jackets, I did'nt think much of this untill today when I was out shopping with the wife.
    I popped in to a bike shop and tried on one of the jakets with the armor. well I can only say unbeleavable these think just lock you up and give support for standing and kneeling, its just like a FT jacket.

Is there any rules on something like this ?

I know we are Hunter field target. Not Motor field target.

Just asking the question..............

Stuart Webb

2. paul yates

paul yates Kung Fu Panda

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    i ride bikes and have seen people shooting in bike jackets so thought i would try it, i left all the armour in. both for the arms and back never mind locking you in i found it uncomfortable, hard to get in position, standing it , would only bend so far freely then it got to be a tad hard to bring my supporting arm to the correct postion as the armour whislt supporting was quite stiff and somewhat of an effort to bend the same applied for kneeling too. i ended up removing the armour piece meal to try and get an improvement. in the end i gave up trying and went back to my normal coat

3. rick

rick Member

Its not the armour you need its the weight, a good heavy leather jacket helps with stability. Those jackets that 10m air rifle shooters wear help a lot. Not sure how they would work laying down, but sitting and standing they make a difference. I have a suede car coat that weights a ton often thought about trying it.

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    FT

I shoot FT and for the winter they are great . plus they are waterproof . i used mine last year at mad . worked a treat . plus secondhand off the bay they are quite cheap ??? HOLLY

5. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Gimp coats in FT and HFT....no,no,no

Go shoot 10m for gods sake:rolleyes:

6. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Agreed....................

stuart

7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    lol...

bike jackets tend to restrict the body from opening up... shooting jackets restrict the arms coming together... in a shooting jacket, correctly fitting, you won't be able to touch the elbows together... a motorcycle jacket will be tight across the chest, a shooting jacket tight across the shoulders as you bring elbows together.

8. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Gimps :p:p:p:D

[​IMG]

9. aitchuk

aitchuk Member

Club:
    redfearns
    At the N.E.F.T.A Classic on the silliuets you are not allowed to use a shooting
    jacket or a motor cycle jacket with the armour in.

Aitch

10. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Am i right to think gimp coats are allowed in hft?

11. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Nowhere I know of and there's no way I'd want to rolling around in the mud wearing one, it'd weigh a ton!

12. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I would like one as there is a really nice Kawasaki Dainese jacket i want...plus the ZX10 RR to go with it!!!

Wife say no though!!

LAity:(

13. NJR 100

Club:
    I`m not sure I understand, your saying Gimp coats are not allowed? I cant find anything in the rules to say they are not allowed?

Not worried about the mud, it gets enough of that in Ft!

14. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

They won't be allowed in any of Midlands HFt shoots unless in the unlimited class. The UKAHFT have a "piss taking" rule which I'd imagine they'd fall foul of. Best wait until Sparky or Pete Dutton see this for an official comment. From a personal point of view anything tight fitting is useless for me as I need the room to move around and adopt different positions, a gimp coat would be as much use as tits on a fish for me.

Do you often lay in the mud in FT?

15. NJR 100

Club:
    No, but the jackets pick up unough mud even when sitting on bags. You wont get me laying down in ft or Hft, I cant get back up!

Its just thats my normal shooting jacket, no worries about piss taking, i give it and I can take it:D
    I dont really intend "competing" at Hft, just using it as a bit of fun / practice. Intend to take all shots standing or kneeling.

16. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

It's something worth sorting out locally, if that's where you intend to shoot big lad.;) Berty might be charitable enough to allow you a gimp class!:D:p:D

17. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    cant find in any rules so just might hav to wear mine just for fun,with my leather posing pouch with my high heals,r shooting hats banned long peaked type due then cutting out total sun light lol,will i be how to shoot the hft coarse up purley chase been that ive set the coarse out and no all the distance of every target(paced them and lasered them)am i banned, shooting jackets rock

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  18. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    One does not lay in the mud in FT dear boy, one may recline in the soft undergrowth if there happens to be a lull in proceedings and a brief siesta is required...:D

Rog, got a nice yellow and black furygan jacket also requiring a saddle to go with... doesn't help finding youtubes of v6 laverda's being wound up i can tell you. I have no excuse though, lost the old "no and hmm dunno" machine... just my on-off throttle skills and the busy roads keep me "hmm perhaps not" now...

Perhaps there should be a fancy dress meet... Si can bring his fireman's coat then! :D

19. fatty

fatty Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    I ride my kwak gtr1400 to every comp and there is no hope in hell I would want to wear my bike jacket to shoot HFT. It would do nothing but restrict me from getting a comfortabl position.

Anyway, how long till people turn up in heavily starched jackets??

20. mikewills8904

mikewills8904 walthers last the course

Club:
    oaktree ftc and tondu ftc
    gimp coats

never tried a motorbike jacket.but i do use my gimp coat for ft ,
    dont think they would be of any advantage in hft due to the shooting positions and i dont think they are allowed anyway ,i am sure i had this conversation with pete a while ago .

i think the piss taking would be extreme if i someone turned up in one ,,,,,,,,,,could be fun :eek:
    but as others have said best ones to answer this are pete and pete