Morning all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Monty, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Monty

Monty Senior Moment

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Good morning to you all! Some of you know me from a while ago and after a break of 3 or 4 years I'm now back at the Buccaneers. Still generally a bit rubbish but every so often I manage to point the shooty part in the right direction for a lane or two and knock something over.

Thankfully I didn't sell up my kit and although most of it started leaking whilst having a rest in the loft and all of my tanks are out of test by a few years it's all working again with nice new o rings and stuff.

I might even be tempted by that nice Mr Privett to do the CSFTA winter league

All the best

Rob

2. Neil-T

Neil-T Boingers forever.

Club:
    Far Coley
    Welcome back Monty. Enjoy your comeback. I also had a 4 year break 2008-2012.

3. Monty

Monty Senior Moment

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Thanks Neil. Just been looking at the CSFTA site at old winter league results and like yourself it was 2008 that I stopped, so a bit longer than I thought.

4. TimG

TimG Member

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Hi Rob, welcome back to STB. You ain't doing too bad seeing as your 3rd in the club league after that layoff!
    Looking forward to beating you this weekend, I'm catching you up slowly :rolleyes:

5. Monty

Monty Senior Moment

Club:
    Southampton Buccaneers
    Hi Tim, but if you got an extra point for bouncing it in off the edge I'd be in first place, one point for the plate and one for the kill I'd be getting at least 3 points per lane! Had some good luck so far but the gap is narrowing and it'll all get weird once we start dropping the low scores.

Recalibrated my sidewheel twice today, metres are definitely different to yards and there are 3 feet to a yard. Managed to completely forget both of these facts and half a roll of dymo tape later 37 yards is the new 45. Should come in handy for setting out dodgy winter league positionals though.