Although the EV2 has never been a preferred rifle for me, a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to pick an example up for a very good price. The rifle wasn't 100% perfect condition, but not a dog either. The main thing that had been messed with was the stock - some previous owner had added finger grooves on the grip and carved an extra thumb rest on the rhs of the grip. Worst of all though, the grip hand been shortened by bandsawing out a small section and leaving a piece of laminate loose between the grip base and palm shelf. The result of this is it didn't fit my hand, so I removed the shelf and the loose piece of laminate, glued some spacers into position then glued the piece of laminate back into place. I then filled the gap with a metallic effect car body filler: When the excess was removed and it was shaped and smoothed, it looked OK and more importantly fits properly now. The next area I turned my attention to was the barrel. I have never been keen on the EV2 forward barrel collar, and as this example cost me very little, I thought I would do a little experimentation. The muzzle brake and barrel collar were binned. I replaced the barrel support assembly with a modified Fig8 barrel clamp from an S400 with the barrel ring cut off it. This filled the gap between the end plug and the filler cover. Being one of the early MK1's it has an S200 barrel fitted rather than the dedicated Lothar Walther item on later examples. Seems to shoot well enough with it though. The barrel fixing seemed a touch flimsy, no the original fixings were absolutely woeful. Three M4x5 grub screws, one retaining the hidden section of the breech shroud, one direct to the barrel and the other onto the brass seal carrier. Take the muzzle end off and the barrel could be waggled around like a limp dick. So radical action time. I drilled two holes at the 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock positions on the breechblock and tapped them to accept two extra barrel retaining screws. Now with three M5 screws bearing on the barrel itself (drilled and tapped through the main breech block and the hidden section of the breech shroud), in a form not unlike a three jaw lathe chuck and the rear M4 screws beefed up to use the full depth of the threaded holes the barrel is much more rigid and suited to floating. Finally I made a new decorative muzzle end piece out of alloy to tidy up the appearance of the front end: After these modifications the rifle is shooting well with no signs of POI shift across the charge. There is sufficient rigidity in the barrel mounting that it will not be knocked out of position by any level of impact normally encountered. If an impact is severe enough to shift it then there is likely to be other collateral damage to the rifle. I deliberately designed the muzzle end to fit flush with the front of the filler cover to prevent it snagging or being easily bumped. The extra barrel retaining screws can be seen as the black dots below the forward scope mount. The screws are M5 socket set 'grub' screws. The next phase of the project will be to make a means of attaching a rubber butt pad to the rear assembly, as despite trying I find the AA design butt plate difficult to get comfortable with. It lacks the ease of vertical adjustment that I favour with the rubber pad as fitted to my Pro-Target. I will also fit longer hamster posts, and already have the stainless bar stock to make them.