mk4 presure drop?HELP

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by aviator, Aug 7, 2011.

1. aviator

aviator New Member

hi all.i have a mk4 platinum and i have moitored the presure.the presure drops 16.3 bar in 28hrs?.is this normal?.regardles of time and starting presure it always drops at a constant rate.i have cleaned and changed the seal and o ring in the filler to cylinder valve with no change .any ideas?

2. pete53

pete53 New Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
  3. aviator

aviator New Member

preasure drop

hmmmm?.more confused now.so after reading the posts am i rite in saying u didnt acctualy solve anything?.i am filling mine in the house and leaving it in the same place over night so temperature isnt the issue.i have no leaks on the filler valve end.:confused:

4. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    if you are sure there is no leak, have you ruled out transfer loss due to heat while filling.

When you fill, even relatively slowly this generates heat, and a false high pressure is seen at the gague and the guns display which settles/ reduces when the temperature equalises.

5. stelibg

stelibg New Member

My MK4 was leaking from firing valve. Put balloon on end of barrel and you will see if there is problem - balloon will be filled.