mk3 ftr muzzle flip

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by w-v-m, Nov 18, 2009.

1. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Sometime , earlier this year my HFT rifle, a Mk3 FTR developed a severe muzzle flip,(only when firing a pellet, dry fire=No flip).

I tamed it with some stick on wheel balance weights around the end of the tube.
    Nows the time to get it sorted and get rid of the weights.
    Its been suggested to clean the solenoid as a starting point, can anyone remind me how its done.

Any other suggestions , or is it to be off for a service, to include new batteries and seals as well?

Wayne

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Check the Daystate owners club as they might still have the write up I did years ago on stripping it.

Another thing you can do is play with the length of the bung in the end cap, this bung dictates the starting place for the hammer as well as a buffer when it returns from firing. By playing with the bung length you can optimise the firing cycle which may allow you turn the power down in the program & not waste any energy that may be contributing to the kick.

3. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Cheers Pete, I've got the stripdown guide.

Wayne

4. w-v-m

w-v-m Member

Club:
    Missed it's
    Update

Well, sfter a strip down and a clean of the hammer, which had a bit of crud on it,.(Thanks Gary).
    it was a bit disappointing 'cause it still jumped about a bit

But after a few pellets on the range its settled down and theres no muzzle flip at all now.

Just need a nice still day to re zero it properly.

Wayne