Mk3 Assistance Needed

Discussion in 'Daystate' started by PCPNewbie, Apr 13, 2010.

1. PCPNewbie

PCPNewbie New Member

Just bought myself a 3-yr old used FTR from Airguns of Arizona here in the states :) and I need some help if you can. It arrived w/o an instruction manual so I printed that off the Daystate website. It also came with an aftermarket, generic 12 volt charger. Unfortunately, nothing seems to indicate if the center pin for charging is positive or negative!:( I'd really hate to guess wrong and mess up the electronics! Does anyone know the proper polarity setting? :confused: Also, I didn't get an allen key for the bolt connecting the stock to the action and the recepticle is bigger than any key I have. Happen to know the key size for that bolt? I'll ask Daystate if I must but they seem slow to respond. Many thanks!

2. Feral

Feral New Member

Someone here will probably be able to help but you could try the owners club, lots of useful info there.

http://www.daystateowners.com/

all the best

3. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    The allen key you need is an 8mm, can't help you with the charger though

4. PCPNewbie

PCPNewbie New Member

Many thanks. I'll pick one up for my kit!:) Daystate owners club still hasn't activated my account so I can't ask there yet. I would think the charger would have symbology on it showing the pin's polarity, but maybe not.

5. NarkyMark

NarkyMark New Member

Club:
    TAWD VALE
    For a quick check on the polarity of your charger without any expensive equipment, pick up a 12v LED (Maplins for pennies) the long leg on an LED always has to be connected to the positive side of a circuit, otherwise it won't work! ;)
    HTH
    Mark

6. PCPNewbie

PCPNewbie New Member

My problem is that the polarity of the aftermarket charger is selectable and I don't know which to select to be compatible with the Mk3.:(

7. 1963malc

1963malc Member

Mine is 12v 500mA with outer negative, inner positive.

Mine needs the safety catch off to charge with a flashing led like the manual states. A bit odd but just in case yours is similar, don't think it isn't working but try taking the safety off and see if that sorts it.

Hope this helps.

8. PCPNewbie

PCPNewbie New Member

Got It!

Thanks kindly! I've got her happily charging. Appreciate everyones efforts to help.:)