Mk2,Mk3 TX200 internals

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by BEESA, May 13, 2017.

1. BEESA

BEESA Member

Hi , could anyone tell me the differences between the mk2 and mk3 internals
    Spring lengths , piston weights , if any please
    Thanks for now
    Don

2. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
    Main difference is the latch rod is shorter on a mk3 piston so stroke is longer. Spring is stiffer and i think also shorter on a mk2. Compression tube has around 10 notches in it for ratchet on a mk2, mk3 has 3 (IIRC). Top hat/weight is longer/heavier on a mk3.

Think this is all correct, sure someone will add to or correct any mistakes ;)

3. BEESA

BEESA Member

Thank you for the reply I will be taking it apart tomorrow
    Don

4. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    The mark 2 stroke is 14mm less than the mark 3, piston weight is a little heavier due to the rod length , and the spring is stronger.

5. Sake-San

Sake-San La Vieille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    I was waiting for the wizard of boing to step in!. I remain very impressed with your light weight ally short stroke o-ring internals Nick...
    I know the current trend seems to be a reduced comp tube bore approach but, if the goal is knocking down tin chickens I struggle to see an improvement over what we discussed and you supplied.
    Amazing consistency across a very wide temperature range (5-40c), and a sight picture stability akin to a PCP, durability (longevity of seal etc) is also best in class.
    Optimising the lube regime is important but, no more so than with any other tune.
    So, another thank you for all of your kind inputs and so, so many hours of testing.