Mini Cylinders

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by pwiles1968, Jul 22, 2012.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Looking at getting my son a brocock contour for HFT, it has a limited shot count and will likely need filling part way round a shoot, I don't mind a short walk to fillup the rifle but Was wondering about mini charging bottles, seen them at best fittings although they are over £100 (would rathe go for the walk;))

Are ther alternatives, can you fit a tap to a buddy bottle, or would this end up being just as expensive? Was thinking there is no need for gauges etc if I fill the mini bottle to the charge pressure of the brocock I just cross fill and it won't go over.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Get a 400 carbine or somehting else with enough shots to finish the course.:)

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Hi mate not seen you for a while. The history behind the gun choice is:

He has a 200 it is too heavy he finds it auqward and he can not get comfortable even on prone shots and so does not enjoy shooting rounds with i, like most kids if he is not comfortable he soon looses interest, the contour is nearly half the weight 4kg v just over 2 (with scope), with the 200 he struggles with supported sanders, he tried a contour at the Greyhound on Friday and could hold free standing with ease, the drawback is the shot count but if me walking to fill the gun means he will be happy wile shooting it is worth it, was wondering if I have another option.

4. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I have a device which fits on top of a 200 or 280cc buddy bottle that can fill a gun, it has a pressure gauge, fill tap and bleed tap so it works just like using your normal cylinder, a 200cc bottle would easily top up a Contour, i dont have a buddy bottle to go with it but you could have the filling device for £40.

Sorry if offering an item for sale in a thread that is not a "Wanted add" is not the done thing :eek:

[​IMG]

5. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    Thanks no problem with the offer ;) will have a think about it, would need to be able to get hold of a cheap buddy bottle to go with it else it is no use, will have an ask around.

6. rich

rich Active Member

We have a junior who uses one of these rifles for indoor LSR and when he needs more air he gets the pump out and gives it a few pumps. Pump is quite light to carry, compared to a bottle.

7. pwiles1968

pwiles1968 Member

Club:
    Kibworth
    I had thought about a pump for this, but it is me that will have to do the pumping while I do need the exercise I am sure it will not do the quality my next few shots any good.