Midland Game Fair

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by clubshot, Sep 14, 2009.

1. clubshot

clubshot Member

http://www.countrymanfairs.co.uk/midland/

Please Explain how the Gun Trade can go to this Show and do Super Deals

Stands cost a Fortune as does Staffing them

VCR Restriction of Gun Sales does not help

Let alone cost of getting there Fuel Etc and Entrance costs

No not going this year

BOB/R

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Perhaps they make big money on the days to offset it Bob? Or if they can't sell then it helps put products in people's hands to have a look at, a loss leader?

I know quite a few airgunners that are just going up for the day... probably to go and watch their mates in the BFTA European Championships...

3. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

i wish they would do something like this down in the south !. i went to the rudgwick stam rally the other week it goes on over three days with thousends of people going through . what im getting at here is would be possible run a game fair on this land keeping in mind the steam rally is on 44achers, ive never been to one before so i dont really know the ins and outs of it . is it a case of perhaps talking to whoever runs the game fair and then talking to the chap who runs the steam rally . this is just an up in the air thought im throwing out there :eek:

4. clubshot

clubshot Member

Countryman Fairs do - do Fairs around the country -
    It's up to Clubs to get involved and try and run Events to attract Shooters

Went to Kelmarsh - Could not believe how Few Air Gunners bothered to Attend Show even with
    World Championships being Shot there over the weekend

BOB/R

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

You really do have a downer on the manufacturers now don't you Bob, I can remember a time when you'd back them up but that was when you were invited to the AMTA meetings:rolleyes:

With reference to the Kelmarsh Country Fair, how long did you spend at the airgun section ??? whenever I went past it there were plenty of people at the stands but I couldn't tell if they were airgunners or not ?

As it was the first year for the airgun section I think it did really well & next year will be even bigger.

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

How will the VCR bill affect sales at the gamefair, surely the sales are still face to face ???

7. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Bob at Kelmarsh was the first time they tried an airgunners row and imo not a bad show for a first time and like Scooby said will be bigger next year, you never know pax may make a decent pellet by then and you could be millionaires from sales from such shows, if you contact Mr Roarke he may make this happen:D

Pete

8. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

BOB, you of all people, should know how a business works, or maybe not, advertising-which Game fairs fall under in terms of TAX, are deductable, as long as the company is making a profit.

You will also probably find that, most of the staffing is done by unpaid users/staff, who believe in, and use the products they are supporting, and recieve no payment, other than maybe an evening meal or a couple of burgers during the day.

For the FIRST World HFT at Kelmarsh, and a First Airgun Row as well, i was impressed with the turn out, and expect it to grow in the future, everything has to start from something BOB.

FINALLY
    What is it with the name BOB, do they all wear rose TINTED GLASSES.

Regards Steve

9. RobF

Club:
    On a side note, I know of one manufacturer, thats a small setup, and they're going up there. I don't think they splash cash happily or could afford to.

10. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Let's hope Dave gets plenty of sales out of it then :D

11. RobF

Club:
    And that he draps a lovely shooting the breeze fleece over the front counter all week end ;)

12. clubshot

clubshot Member

Understand that Last Year Dealers had to register Registrations
    With Local Police - Before Show

And could Only take Gun's that had been pre registered -

Understand this was Only on Air Gun's :rolleyes:

BOB/R

13. clubshot

clubshot Member

Was @ Show from Around 0930 - Closing - and spent most of the time around
    Air Gun Section ;)

Not got a downer on Air Gun Trade

Just a Few Moans from Shooters why can they not get Real Deals @ Such Shows

Aware that Numbers are dropping of those that have attend past Shows
    As have been attending over many years -

I do believe that Kelmarsh Will be a better Show as more Shooters become aware of it
    As believe the Format is like Midland in Early Day's
    Without to Traffic and parking restrictions

BOB/R

14. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

Midland

Well I;m a lover of the Midland been going for years .you can see and get hold of all the new gear that is coming out from all the manufactures in the Airgun industries then get into our local next week and get ordering ,get it on the drip and away we go ,cant wait .
    I think we all know some-one who shoots in the Euro;s so have a chat with them and watch some of the top guns do their stuff .thats how I got into air rifle shooting watching and the top guys, start talking to you and hay-presto ,you got to get into the sport .
    If you like the county-side and care about country sports the MIDLAND is the best place to be this weekend
    forget the Labour goverment they think nothing of the country-side and airgunners in general ,so go and enjoy as its not only airgun shooting its everything that is good about this country its GREAT BRITIAN at its best.

Ian from MAD

15. Feral

Feral New Member

Really?? From what I saw the Airgun Expo was busy, can't speak for others but I came home a few hundred quid lighter.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  16. dimmer0707

dimmer0707 Member

Well make sure you stick ya head in the Rangesports stand me and Dave would be only to happy to see ya mate;).
    ATB Matt.

17. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

I;ll be there

dont know if Dave wants me to pick up that bag I ordered ,but the chap is going to Quarry so I;d rather he picked it up then .
    cheers and I hope you do well there is no-one more helpfull than Dave of Rangesports

MAD get all our printed gear from Rangesports and the service is second to none with prices to match.so if any-one is going to the MIDLAND,call in and see MATT and DAVE.

cheers Ian
    if that does;nt get me a Tea nothing will.
    ITS ALL TRUE

18. D J H

D J H RangeSports

Got to say that at under £30 per m2 its way cheaper than some of the medical exhibitions I've been to at up to £250 per m2:eek:

Ok there is no carpet (on my stand at least!) so I'd say the bigger stands do cost an arm and a leg, but its all relative and as mentioned earlier its 'advertising' , a good way to fly the flag and hopefully a good weekend away.

Look forward to seeing whoever comes along.

DJ

19. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

We'll all come & say hello Dave just before our yearly FT Vs HFT Catapult & Crossbow Championships :D

What sort of gear are you taking with you ??

20. Ian Harford

Ian Harford Anyone seen Ted today?

This is quite an interesting post Bob.

As someone with a direct line into AMTA I'm extremely surprised you have asked this question. You should already be aware that the Midland Game Fair has a long and mutually beneficial relationship with the airgun industry. We offer competitve rates and make a significant donation each year to support AMTA and the Gun Trade Association in preventing unnecessary and restrictive legislation. We build and provide all of the infrastructure required to host the sporting airgun ranges, and support a wide range of initiatives that get new shooters into our sport. I can say with some certainty that in terms of show organisers we are the biggest supporter of airgun sport and our commitment grows each year.

You may be surprised to know that we invest a sum in airgun activities at the Midland that is far in excess of the revenues we recieve from the airgun exhibitors. We support competitions and fund activites that promote and protect airgun sport outside our events including club and national competition series, the Airgun Training and Education Organisation and the Disability Target Shooting Great Britain facilities at Stoke Mandeville. You may be able to remember asking me for sponsorship yourself recently by PM.....

Airgun Expo at the Midland is the biggest it has ever been. We have more exhibitors, retailers and manufacturers than every before. There are more ranges and more products being launched than at any other shooting event in Europe. The exhibitors are not complaining about the rates as they represent value for money and provide the largest concentration of shooting people at any event in the UK.

In relation to Kelmarsh, you and I must have been at a completely different show. The feedback we have recieved from visitors and exhibitors alike is that the event was a resounding success, and our commitment from exhibitors for the 2010 event is even greater.

If I recall correctly, your behaviour has not been particularly helpful to the airgun community in recent times, and because of this you would not be successful in an application to the Midland in any case. Maybe rather than taking cheap shots at one of the airgun communities most dedicated benefactors you could actually do something constructive to help our way of life.

Unless you are going to start a series of shooting events for yourself..... good luck with that.

Yours, somewhat bemused

Ian