mick dawes special help

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by strangefroot, Jan 13, 2014.

1. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Bit of a long shot I know but does anyone remember the fill pressure for my mds please .
    I can vaguely remember mick saying that he recommended filling to 1500 psi & youd'e get over 100 shots from her ( but may be wrong ??? )
    Dave Gibson from emley has just given her a service ( many thanks dave ) & we weren't sure of fill pressure . All the original bits are still in tact , apart from new o rings as I thought it would be sacrilege to replace any major parts & would spoil this iconic pcp .
    Any help greatly appreciated .
    Calps .

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    A good quick fill to 300bar should do the trick Andy :D

3. CAC

CAC Member

Andy , sure that's Lils old MDS and nearly positive she used to fill to 200 bar ... From memory they used to blow when reg pressure dropped below 95 bar ...could be talking a load of bo&& £&@s though :)

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Why

Why not give terry doe a shout at airgun world . he was well thick with mick and has a memory like an elephant . or you could try ringing dave welham .i have never caught him out on anything memory wise ??? HOLLY:)

5. dave benyon

dave benyon Spirit of HFT 2009

Used to fill mine to 180 bar and could get around 100 shots from that.

6. paul4be

paul4be Why do I bother????????

Club:
    Darlington RA
    If the deals go pop Andy, don't put that much in next time ;)

7. spartan

spartan New Member

Depends on the gun, is it a brocock mds, or one of micks early guns??, if a brocock mds 200 bar fill, if its one of micks early guns and still as one of micks original regs in, 150 bar maximum as the ptfe reg valve seal would deform over time if overfilled, that said lots of micks early rifles have had the regs swapped for later type regs, lots of which i have made and fitted, so 200 bar fill pressure would be fine, without seeing a pic of the reg itself i couldn't tell you exactly.

8. strangefroot

strangefroot Member

Thanks for sorting me out chaps , muchly appreciated .
    Glad shaun jumped in as I know he spent a fair bit of time round at mick n pats .
    The gun is number 16 & one of micks own creations with the original reg in it , so i'll try her at 150 bar & get a shot count together & go from there .
    Not even had mi maulers on her for 6 month as daves been sourcing the correct seals , so looking forward to getting her up n running .
    Gunna stick a 2-7x32 ag tasco on top ( remember them ? ) & have a blast at the nefta hunters with her .....
    Cant wait .
    Thanks again , calps .

9. CAC

CAC Member

Number 16 that was Lils Trevor had number 17 , pretty sure they were among the last made by Mick, you'll have fun with that Andy and the Tasco on top , first FT scope I owned , memories :)