MFTA WL at Purley Chase

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by TeamZ, Nov 30, 2009.

1. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    [xfloat=left]http://shooting-the-breeze.com/internal/logos/mfta.jpg[/xfloat]
    MFTA Winter League Round 5 Purley Chase

Thanks to all those involved in running the winter league course yesterday at Purley. Excellent conditions and a great course. Well done to those that cleared it, although there were a few it was by no means an easy course, plenty of long shots high up in trees in a very uncomfortable shooting position, you had to be on the ball to get them believe me.

Ideal setting as usual, thanks chaps.

Roll on Cross Guns.

ps thanks to the lads for the help in getting my car out of the pit that I found myself in, slightly embarrassing!!!!!

Cheers

Chris

2. Littlekev

Littlekev Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Just shows you how hard its going to be to get in our 15 man team this year with lots of new shooters doing as well as they are hope i make it this year.

3. Littlekev

Littlekev Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    well done to Purley Chase for a good shoot today weather was kind no rain like forecast, well done to the people that cleared the course which was long. just shows how hard its going to be to beat us at the inter's.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    hehehe... CSFTA is warming up nicely as well...

5. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    it woz a good one got you thinking about pellet drift making sure you were giving the correct edge of kill well done the boyz who cleared i woz well happy with me new gun and scope to only drop four cant wait for next winter league and big thanks to john at late noctice for doing the food and club mates sticking a brilliant coarse out

6. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    First of all may I thank Steve, Jim and Phil for their help with my little trigger debarcle (enabling me to continue the shoot albeit with a poorly but useable pro-target) and Jim also for his kind offer of his No2 Styer if repairs where unsuccessful.

Also many thanks to all involved in setting out and pulling in the course and catering admin ect, and well done the guys that cleared it!! :)

Cracking course lads, cracking course, interesting use of gradients and trees too! :eek:

Look forward to seeing everyone again in 2 weeks time at cross guns.

Will

7. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

From what I gather we were rather lucky with the weather at Purley.
    Very enjoyable day and despite the 5 clear rounds I don't think it was an easy course, the Purley crew got the course spot on considering you need a crystal ball if you are going to predict conditions for a shoot.
    No photos from me this week (thank goodness I hear you say) I decided to concentrate on the shooting:D

Can't make Cross Guns:( Something to do with a family birthday, so I am banned from the shoot:D

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    How inconsiderate...

Can't they make an exception, and move the birthday? :D

9. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Well done to the Purley Posse for a excellent event, TOP COURSE & the best conditions I can remember there.
    Congratulations to Karl, Steve, Kev, James & Luke for their clearances & to my mate Shaun for his highest WL score to date!:cool:
    I however, had a rather different day, despite the benign conditions I managed to fluff, snatch, twitch & pull just about every shot I took & ended up right down the bottom of the table, a position I well deserved!:eek: It was all down to a re-emergence of my heavy trigger finger, a condition I call, 'Gorilla Finger Syndrome'.
    The rest of the Season instead of being about promotion to A Grade will be about trying to develope a reasonable technique.

10. Bill Peat

Bill Peat TALLENTLESS PUMPERTEER

Club:
    PURLEY CHASE
    thanks for the kind words James,most positive responce to a coarse i have heard for a long time.
    it was put out for people to knock the tin chickens down at levels, looks like it worked.

enjoyed a pint after with neil,grubber,the green hornet,baltipal,and shaun,forgive me the others i did not name.