MFTA Winter League Round 4 @ Millride

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by RobF, Nov 17, 2008.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    MFTA Winter League Round 4 @ Millride

The weekend came and an ulterior motive saw me heading up the motorway to visit Millride FTC for their hosting of Round 4 of the MFTA winter league.

We were promised a good course, good weather, light winds and good company. Something went wrong, we got the former and the latter, but the elementals were not playing ball. So, on we strolled onto the course. 30 shots, and there were already several leaving with close to a clearance. How hard can just 30 shots be?

Well, they weren't hard, but they were placed to play with light and shade, high and low and in wind or lull, making every single one something to think about. In a field thick with performing MFTA shooters, it's understandable why even the top shots sometimes don't make their regional team, as dropping just one or two was by no means an easy feat, yet many managed it.

So the scores are up at Farcoley FTC's site (events/results > MFTA) and whilst I wonder where it all went wrong, one thing's assured, the Midlanders are coming in force to the Inter-Regionals, and the rest of us had better start practicing!

2. JONTA

JONTA Member

Hi Rob, nice to see you up our neck of the woods.. Hope you enjoyed yourself m8.;)

3. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I may be a bit partisan here but I think Sundays Comp was a real 'toughy!' & must set the bar for length & possibly height difficulty this season.
    I hope everyone who shot it enjoyed it as much as I did, I can honestly say that I could, perhaps have squeezed another two maybe three if I hadn't been so careless but I couldn't have got anymore than that. once I went through the top gate I hit no more, in fact I went off plate on target 29, Ouch!

4. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Nice to see you up in our neck of the woods Rob, maybe you can get a bit more top class practice in at Purley Chase in a weeks time!

See you soon,

Chris

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Tesla found some nice pics here :)

Can't make Purely, got a 10m comp to play with that day at Bisley... but will try and make another... every bit as good as a GP that was ! :)

6. Jon

Jon Member

To me the course was everything it should be, one word - enjoyable.
    For that reason i didnt mind missing quite a few.
    Must say half of Millride club members helped to get the course ready and also had a say in the target placements, i reckon it worked and sets the standard.
    Makes a very nice change to shoot something worth shooting rather than just throw out 30 targets in same positions, after all what do we shoot for.

Shame it wasnt windy.