MFTA Winter League Round 10 @ Castle

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by RobF, Feb 9, 2009.

1. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    MFTA Winter League Round 10 @ Castle

Venue details here

Will it be the big man or the little one to take the title?:eek:

2. Neil

Neil MFTA Winter League Champion 2011 and winner of som

I think the big man with the comedy beard may well stumble at the final fence, leaving an opening for Gillimot to win by a nose!

Neil

3. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Well, Shaun has been doing some number crunching on our blog & this is what he had to say about it a little while ago,

"AA grade is interesting. If Andy G wins at Castle then he wins the title. If Andy comes in 5th then for an outright win Neil must come 2nd or better. Tense stuff. Only Neil and Andy can win, James O cannot surpass Neil's point score."

4. RobF

Club:
    Awesome...

5. TeamZ

TeamZ Member

Club:
    Castle
    Should be a good one then chaps.

Guess I will just have to wait till next season to take the title!!!

Roll on Castle, can't wait. The battle for the Regional Team places will be a good one to watch, edge of the seat stuff. Great for our region but not so good for our nerves!!!

Cheers

Chris

6. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    The title chalenge

Win or lose, who knows? I do know that I`ve really enjoyed this years winter league with so many shooters coming on really strong. It`s great to see so many different names at the top of the leader board it all makes for points really hard to gain in the competition. Winning the MFTA Winter League is really tough so I`d just like to wish Mr Daniels (The Coach) "good luck" for the last shoot.:)

7. Neil

Well that's jolly decent of you Andrew old bean, I hope that I have good luck as well!

Neil

8. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Will you both be shooting round together? It will make it easier for me to watch the tension build ;)

9. RobF

Club:
    So come on then... who, by how many, and who made it..?

10. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    What a day it was :)

Andrew shot early and Neil mid way through the morning. Andrew finished on 27 but Neil just pipped him with a 28.

The win wasn't enough to give Neil the title - he also needed several other scores of 28 to come in to avoid a shootoff.

Neil confirmed that the second to last shooter off the course put in a 28 to give Neil the title but it was oh so close.

Well done Neil - some excellent shooting all through the series and comiserations to Andrew -so close to taking it :(

Dave.

11. RobF

Club:
    Poor Andy... did he have any fingers left by the end of the day?

Well done Neil...!

12. Jon

Jon Member

Well done Neil, i tried my best but failed on the short stander at the end, sorry.
    Both deserved winners, Val dramatically missed last target 53 yards to decide the outcome, it was that close.

Suspect Neil and Andy are still in the pub.

13. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Congratulationes to Neil & comiserations to Andy, always going to be a tense one today given the points going into todays Comp. A first in that the winner had to be decided by a third partie's result, I understand! Good shooting & many thanks to Val Szulc of Dowry for providing that drama, THE LAST TARGET!!!!!!:eek:

I shot appallingly, totally unable to find any solution to today's wind problems & although others had similar issues, there can be few who did it quite as badly as me!:eek: It's all over now though & despite my many failures & my one good result, I can honestly say I've enjoyed every minute of it. Many thanks to Castle for today's Comp & to all the teams involved in making this WL Season as enjoyable as it has been, cheers!;)

It was made apparant to me today that maybe some may not appreciate me & my little camera when they are trying to concentrate on their target. If I have distracted anyone or put anyone off I would be truly mortified & appologise now for it.
    Rob & Kev with their big telephoto lens' can stand off a good way when taking a photo but I need to get close-up to stand a chance & perhaps I've concentrated too hard on the photo opportunity than how it might effect the subject or those around him. I think I'll leave it to the fellas with the proper gear from now on & thank all of you for your patience & forbearance with my photographic exploits.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

An excellent finish to the Winter League, just what we want, a fight to the end! Glad I wasn't in a position to upset things on the last lane, poor Val! But well done to Val today, he shot incredibly well to score that 28.
    CastleWL09045.jpg
    I'll stick some photos up as soon as possible, hopefully later tonight. With regard to the taking of photos at shoots it is a bit of a tricky one to judge sometimes, I can at least keep my distance a bit and I try not to bother shooters who I don't know that well. Having said that it is something that people may have to get used to as the sport is promoted more, I think most people don't mind and like to see a picture of themselves now and again.

But. Well done Neil and bad luck Andrew, hope you are enjoying a few cold ones. Also big thanks to Castle for an excellent course and I'm sending in the bill for a car wash.

15. Swiftyx2

Swiftyx2 New Member

Well done big man.

Well done Neil and bad luck Andy you have both shot fantastic over the Winter league and its been nip and took all season.

Neil I think the win is down to all the "knob twiddling" :eek:!!!! ( butt hook ). Better stop as this is starting to sound stranger by the min.

Big thanks to all the folks who have shot the Winter league I have enjoyed every shoot and made some more good friends. See you at the GPs.

Thanks to castle for a great course today ( 4 standers thanks a lot:eek:).

All the best Steve.

16. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Try this link then for some photos from today.

Castle Photos

Any problems with it let me know and I'll try to sort it.

If anyone would like larger files of these photos let me know and I can email them

James

17. Shaun

Shaun Active Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Congratulations to Neil and hard luck Andy!

A very tense affair that was great drama and better than this Larkrise to Candleford rubbish that I'm forced to watch.

Shaun

18. Neil

I'm a very happy bunny to have won what I consider to be a very prestigeous title.

Andrew has been the recipient of a serious amount of ribbing in the pub, but I hope he takes it in the way that it was meant, I have the greatest respect for him as a shooter and I'm sure it won't be long before he has his revenge.

Regarding the MFTA Winter League, I'd like to say well done to everyone, a tremendous depth of quality shooters old and new.

Roll on Newbury, it must surely be ours again!

Neil

19. RobF

Club:
    Well done Neil. Commiserations to Andy.

It's one hell of a healthy region you have there... quite a benchmark for the sport. From my brief visits to the league shoots it was clear that the the region sets and maintains a very high standard in every aspect of the sport.

Neil has posted the scores, as usual, in a speedy manner here

20. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Here are a few more piccies, bolstered by James' proper photo's which I've shamelessly poached, although I appear to have made re-sizing errors with a couple, which I suppose serves me right!

WL10