MFTA Winter League Overall Placings

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by AIRFIX GILLY, Feb 16, 2014.

1. AIRFIX GILLY

AIRFIX GILLY WFTA World Champion 2012

Club:
    Castle
    The final round of the 2013/14 MFTA Winter League was shot today giving us the final standings for this season. They are as......:)

AA grade.
    1st Gilly:D
    2nd Marc Fisher:mad:
    3rd James Osbourne
    4th Andras Fekete-Moro
    5th Simon Evans

A grade.
    1st Des Edwards
    2nd Tony Johnson
    3rd Dave Harrison
    4th Pete Rowley
    5th James Griffith

B grade.
    1st Steve Lloyd
    2nd Dave Oakes
    3rd Jim Carter
    4th Gary Martin
    5th Terry Southern

C grade.
    1st Sue Swift
    2nd Vicky Stewart
    3rd John Jenkins
    4th Andy Gough
    5th Steve Fiddler

Piston.
    1st Nick Murphy
    2nd Roger Dyson
    3rd Neil Thorneycroft
    4th Mark Brewit
    5th Val S

Sillys.
    1st James Osbourne
    2nd Nick Murphy (piston) mega.
    3rd Andras Fekete-Moro
    4th James Griffith
    5th Simon Francis

Stourvale Trophy
    Andy Purseglove

Hope all the Midland shooters have enjoyed the new shooting format this season. Its been a very close affair for overall winner which again shows the very high standard set in this region. So many people shooting to extremely high standards in their respective grades also. Special `thanks` to Shaun Shore and Sam Reece for behind the scene work.:):)

The Frayed Knot teams and Inters teams for the MFTA will be confirmed shortly.

An interesting Masters/ Clubs Cup coming soon as well. Good luck to all who have qualified.

Gilly.

2. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    fantastic 10 winter league shoots

Fantastic winter 10 league courses, well done to all that have put shoots on, scores up etc,ss,Gilly,booked in cards etc,sam,took photos,Cracking 10 shoots, thanks all x

3. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Well done Gilly Bob Swifty Sue and all the others with the ability to hit targets, all the rounds I have turned up at have been excellent courses, good effort all round. Well done to gaffer Gilly Shaun and Sam for there efforts for a well run show

4. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    Thanks

Big thank you to all involved with the running of this season's winter league,weather's been kind and i think the 40 target coarses have been a big success ;)
    Special mention to Mr Gillot for his effort's and his back up team of Sam and Shaun,we could not do it with out you.
    Well Done to all the winner's and better luck next year to the loser's L
    This season has been a struggle for me but i have still looked forward to every other Sunday,spending time in the company of like minded people mean's a lot.
    Thank's
    Simon

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  5. Suzukiphil

Suzukiphil Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    It's been a great winter league thanks to the Far Coley guys again, great effort. Have to say a particular well done to Sue Swift on a brilliant winter league, amazing shooting girl!

6. Gary Martin

Gary Martin sultans of spring

Club:
    harriers field target
    scary

simon, a sunday spent with like minded people, thats scary mate! no really scary, ha ha, ha ha i like guns me!

its been great! as simon said the weather has been kind. loved the new format, hope i can still say that when its really cold!!!!!!

all the administration guys, thanks, we would not have this fantastic event without all your hard work, we just turn up and shoot, you guys do the hard stuff, so many thanks.

all competitors that i shot with over the season, thanks for the company, enjoyed every event i attended, not just for the sport but for the time spent with people i consider to be friends even though on many occasions just met.

thanks to all of you. cant wait for the next encounter.

7. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Well that has been a superb winter league.

Well done to all the class winners and big thanks to everyone who has worked very hard to make the season a big success.

I'm off to study the results very closely to see how Marc Fisher managed to beat me by such a small margin for second place. Still 2nd may as well be last:D Well done Gilly:)

James

8. JJ

JJ Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Just to echo all the other posts, this has been a brilliant Winter League.
    I feel very grateful and privileged that every two weeks I have been able to turn up, have a great day shooting with some great people and then driven home to wait for the scores to be posted. But that's only because so many people have given up their time, to set courses in all weather, turn up at silly o'clock to hand out cards and get people organised and then publish all the scores for everyone to chart their progress in this sport.
    So all I can say is thank you, it's very appreciated.
    Plus, the new format is great.
    ATB
    JJ

9. swiftysue

swiftysue A sip of tea in the ocean

Club:
    Greyhound
    thanks so much

Thank you.for your kind words,I still cannot get over it, just pipped out of the top 15 but what a fantastic day, thanks to all for their help.and encouragement. 10 fantastic courses put on run by great people and clubs thank you all, for giving us something to look forward to in dull winter

10. scruff

scruff Active Member

Club:
    purley chase
    cracking

cracking winter league allround...thanks to gilly and supporting team...without you we would not have a league...thanks to far coley for yet another good course.:)