mfta shugborough game fair

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by chrispro97, Feb 22, 2011.

1. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    are we having a chrono at this event i think it woz good having 1 at purley making sure we were all legal

2. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Your chrono was pants Chris lol.:eek:

I should have braught Chrono Kings skan, I am liking this chrono testing.

Would like to see a chrono at every event though, every region.

3. NJR 100

Club:
    And not all may have gone over the chrono?

4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Maybe you should have brought your combro along we would all have been doing about 400fps then:D:D:D:D:D

5. NJR 100

Club:
    that thing is n more to be seen near my guns!!

6. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    as far as i no every1 went over only a couple were a little hot but turn them down,so no problems,how dare u say a skan is pants lol,bfta 1s run about the same as ours,so in my eyes it woz all good and never had no complants,hope to see them more in our winter leagues,my moto is if you r running safe their is not a issue with a chrono being their and used b4 u shoot:):):):)

7. NJR 100

Club:
    Well unless i was having my leg pulled on the 1st reading, 834,:eek: ! 834-821-817-815 !
    My gun did not shoot like it had a 20 foot spread and on Chrono kings skan last night was bang on 810 av.

No worries, as long as its there for all to use.

8. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    u dont understand chronos r used in a controled envirement which outside in a tent is not controled,yours woz 1 that went over and every1s else didnt hav a problem si,i shot 5 shots through and only got 6fps spread,them chronos r 150 squid,so you r saying your chrono is wright and everything else is wrong,every chrono does not read the same matey,wot if you went to a gp went through hot and score could not go in,then your argument would be in went through mine ok at home,should always set your guns way under so it does not happen matey, can u see my point its to makesure every1 is legal to the same chrono for that shoot:):):)so wot chrono should we buy then,take your first shot away u hav a 6 fps spread just a little high on power stick a heavy through and u will be over legal matey lol

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  9. NJR 100

Club:
    its on the day

No real problem using the chrono Chris, just that I can not understand why my gun had a supposed 20 foot variation over 4 shots? To start at 834 and 3 shots later be at 815 i would have expected trouble on the course?

It "passed" as you say and as that was the chrono in use, thats all it got to do, though yes compared to the Skan i have borrowed here and the Tondu Chrono, to me yours is reading slightly high? I know others said they thaught it was low?
    As far as i am aware, Mike williams uses this chrono to set up all his guns. I have borrowed it and think i will splash out the £190 for a new one. What i would then do is set my guns by it, but then re-cailibrate to the Bfta chrono. Being a must do job as an Njr owner, first thing i do at any shoot is check my gun on the chrono in use. Its a practise i see no reason to change?

10. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    mine go over bfta on the low side 790s if it groups or i start having to put clicks on i get the chrono out,some guns can be quite bad like 15 fps spread over a chrono but good grouping,dont get in a pickle with chronos matey,if you miss a target its the shooter not the gun

11. NJR 100

Club:
    lol, you need to shoot an Njr for a couple of seasons lol. 25 fps spread was agood day!

No worries.:D

12. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    is she in rehab now

13. NJR 100

Club:
    Yes, after 7 years of no servicing it gave up the ghost just before Xmas and went Hissssssssss.

Mr.Murphy has agreed, at his liesure, to sort it out as its one of his Regs and set ups.
    Explains why its soo good for such an old Gun.
    It cost me a few vital targets last gp season, daft things like 2 inches low at 40m! But thats old guns for you?

Tmnjr is now With Mr.Ostler, looking forward to Mr.P bringing it back to Shrugshoulders game fair and may pop a spare mk4 ultra on it instead of the Hawke Sr6. Fancy a pop at beating holly with an old Gun again, been a while now and i see he is thinking he is some sort of big shot Doen Sooouth!
    He need another lesson?

14. Jon

Jon Member

I mentioned it Chris being 16ft/sec fast.

15. flintlock

flintlock New Member

Club:
    Purleychase
    Personally I thought the chrono was reading on the "low" side. What is the recomended interval for having them recalibrated ? What chrono is to be used at Shugborough?

16. Jon

Jon Member

Makes no odds whether calibrated or not - its not in a controlled environment so can give anything!

17. flintlock

flintlock New Member

Club:
    Purleychase
    Sayes it all Jon .