MFTA 2015/16 Winter league Rd 7

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Welsh Wizard, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Me, Gilly and Betty as bridesmaids! Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    The superb Dowry hill for Rd 7 ( I'm bound to be working !!)

2. Welsh Wizard

Welsh Wizard Me, Gilly and Betty as bridesmaids! Staff Member

Club:
    Oaktree
    Dwarf hunting season re opens

I'm bringing Cochise to scalp you post shoot.

3. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

General Info, please read

Time for my usual little bit of info along with a few requests for our MFTA winter league round.

PARKING - Our club seems to be ever changing in this regard but while things should improve for next year parking remains tight for this shoot. There should be plenty of room but please try to car share where possible. We will endeavour to park everyone so that the first session shooters can get away once they have shot should they wish to do so. PLEASE follow the direction of whoever is sorting the parking out. If anyone should become abusive they will find they won't be shooting, we are trying to make it as easy as possible for everyone, not just individuals.

A food wagon has been arranged, we also have our usual facilities in the clubhouse, heating, toilets. Booking in will be in the clubhouse, please sign in to our guest book too.

I don't really wish to discuss these matters but last year you all managed to break the toilet:eek: Go easy on it! We rely on rainwater for the flushing so please only flush when it needs it.

Safety as always is paramount, don't be offended if you are doing something daft and you are asked not to:)

Some of the clubs other ranges may be in use for other competitions, please let shooters on these ranges concentrate.

Timings will be as normal and hopefully the weather will be kind to us. Looking forward to seeing you all next Sunday,

James

4. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Forgot to say

Post code: LE6 0EA
    club website with location details www.leicestershooting.co.uk

Watch out for speed cameras on the approach, especially if from junction 22 of the M1.

5. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

And another thing...

Sorry but I've just thought about this and we will say it at the briefing but it might be worth mentioning now.

As many of you know we borrow the 'Field of Doom' from the Groby community. Access will be restricted for the shoot and notices have been posted but should someone choose to ignore the signs and padlocked gates and enter the field just stop shooting. We will have a marshal keeping an eye out but you never know.

Also a path comes very close by our firing line so passing ramblers may take an interest in our 'activities'. I know you will all be on your best behaviour anyway but just keep rifles pointing only where they should be and engage in light conversation if the need arises:D

Sorry about all this but it makes me feel better:)

James

6. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Just want to give this a little more prominence for the weekend.

ATB James

7. val s

val s Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill FTC
    Parking at Dowry Hill

Ladies & Gentlemen,

As James has already mentioned, parking at Dowry Hill is tight, but we do the best we can to help those shooting the morning session to park in such a way that they can get away once they have finished.

Your co operation is needed to make the parking work, so please do all you can by doubling up with mates so as to save spaces and then park as instructed by the marshals. Your cooperation was really appreciated last year and we are counting on similar assistance this year.

See you in the morning.

Val S

8. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

I find it best to do as Val asks;)

9. Monkeyman

Monkeyman New Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill ftc , Castle ftc .
    I'll second that, Vals the Governor