MEC Frame with Fwb P70 Action - a Hybrid ?

Discussion in 'Others' started by JasonGoldsmith66, Dec 13, 2010.

1. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Found this pic of Andras....was pretty shocked :eek:

Has all that cutting off alu parts from your original red Fwb stock, now forced you to get a proper MEC frame to hold the action ? :confused: :D

On a serious note, how do you find the MEC frame ? ...a bit too expensive for my taste ! :D

Cheers & ATB.
    :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. maestro

maestro Member

Club:
    Harriers
    NOW? :)
    Just have a look at the date of the photo, it was taken on the Hungarian National Championship in summer of 2009. Don't worry about the expenses, I got the stock directly from the German manufacturer after winning the Bavarian Open 2009.

It's not a final production model but a prototype, which was originally designed for the 10 m version of the P70 so I had to make some minor modifications to fit my P70FT action and my free floated barrel support into it.

If I look at it objectively, it was a bloody successful stock, I won five ex six competitions (FT and silhouettes in Hungary and Poland) with it - but to be honest, I never really liked that stock so finally I decided to put my good old rifle back into the good old red stock, and made the necessary modifications on it, what I had learnt from the MEC stock.

3. JasonGoldsmith66

JasonGoldsmith66 Banned

Club:
    - Collectors Club -
    Ah ! didnt see the date.

So what happened to the MEc stock in the end ? do you still have it or did you have to return it to MEC with your feedback report ?

There is a MkI I think, and now a MkII....but I prefer the looks of the MkI...not sure if It still being made.

All The Best !
    :cool:

Attached Files: