Me and Milride

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by blueboy, Mar 12, 2018.

1. blueboy

blueboy Member

Club:
    Millride F T C
    I have been sitting here thinking of some of the times I have been shooting at Milride, when I first shot there I always wondered why I could hear someone singing Lets go to San Francisco with flowers in our hair, then I went round and saw a lot of the targets were psychedelic in colour, then it made sense, I could hear someone shouting he's bloody at it again, but alas things move on and all the different colours have disappeared.

When you visit Milride you will hear the lads say the wind here is the pits, it always bring to mind Demis Roussos singing My friend the wind, and me feet start dancing, that song keeps going through me head.

Then the next thing when someone blows the whistle I think wait for it, then it happens, the First World War 1 Vet starts running with Rifle at high port I can hear the voice shouting keep low and keep going, then someone else is smiling and just standing there, I have always wondered who these two Big blokes are that stand behind him they never smile, I have seen the shooting coats that some of the lads wear but these coats they have are buckled at the back for some reason, Keith says to me the last thing you need to is keep away from them two you know your not very well, not sure what he means by that.

One of the lads has bought some bags or something he is going to rent out for the trip to Poland, not sure how many bags he has bought.

One of the Lads is waiting for the weather to warm up I keep hearing him mutter soon be dry and tank weather, his tank is called Matilda. Last year Matilda was making its way up the course and it was quite rough on this course that was set out, all of a sudden the one track went into a ditch and over it went, the Rifle went muzzle first and stuck into the ground, butt in the air, I thought, should I put his cap on the butt, but good old British fighting spirit kicked in, he got up with his cap on back to front, and he was back in the firing line with the rest of us.

I am just lining a shot up with the latest bit of high tech equipment that I have aquired when I hear this voice shout out, I hit that but it never went down, someone behind him pipe's up shouting I saw him hit it, I want me target checking he says, I start thinking no not the whistle again, I turn around to hear the sound of running of foot steps and someone shouting only give em 4 inch's, I think to myself I hope he is on about Sheffield Steel, and nothing else.

Milride employs a string tester when the targets have been put out the tester goes and test the strings, this is to make sure none of them are broken, I keep seeing him shake his head, and hear no 65 yards out again.

Saturday arrives again I have acquired some more high tech equipment or so I think, and I see the faces looking at me full of pity, I am that mad I think they are worried I may beat them, and I hear someone say he's nuts, it still ain't sunk in yet but I keep hearing my Dads words make sure you keep your hat on Son theirs wood peckers about, so full of hope I start the course every time I fire a pellet I keep hearing a high pitched Moo coming from across the next field, one of the lads say its only Cows in there.

Saturday night comes my missis is sitting on the chair looking quite happy, why is it that women have this ability to say the wrong thing, I am sitting opposite holding my head in my hands me head is banging away, I keep muttering why did you buy it, and thinking about equity release, when the missis says you don't look very well dear you should have an early night, oh well another Saturday has gone by can't wait for the next one to come along.

Great bunch of Lads you could ask to shoot with Cheers Lads for the Crack.

2. Ray Rudd

Ray Rudd Member

Club:
    Purley Chase
    Hi Blue, Are you trying to deflect from the fact that you have another gun?

top gun phil and Darron like this.
  3. blueboy

blueboy Member

Club:
    Millride F T C
    Hi Ray I wish it was just one it hurts your head.

How you been keeping, I see you are doing quite well you take it steady.

Waldo likes this.
  4. Darron

Darron Reformed Bandit

Club:
    Millride FTC
    He gone and brought another gun ain’t he?

5. blueboy

blueboy Member

Club:
    Millride F T C
    Hi Daz yep two, but going back to the Dommie, got to mate don't now how many pellets them cows can take, think the farmer will thank mean a gud un.

6. Darron

Darron Reformed Bandit

Club:
    Millride FTC
    Blue I’m not saying your an arms dealer but the fact that every time you log in to Shooting the Breeze an alarm goes off at Quantico says something lol

top gun phil likes this.