Matts stocks

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Andy1987r, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Andy1987r

Andy1987r New Member

Hi just looking for some advice here, I ordered a stock off Matt back in January said completion date would be mid-late April, had an email off him early may saying he was having some health issues an work shop relocation. Said he was running a month behind so was expecting the stock some time in May , I've sent him 3 messages over the last 3 week asking for a update, no reply as yet. I'm not in a rush to get the stock but at the end of the day I've paid my deposit to him. If the bloke has health issues I understand. I've heard from a few people his work is often late but well worth waiting for. Would like to know if anybody has any info on him or what I should do next ? Ps I'm new to this forum hope I've put this in the right place, thanks Andrew

2. berts

berts New Member

Club:
    Maasmechelen, Belgium
    It did happen to me as well. I paid him a deposit of 150 GBP. Because he did not had the right laminate i asked him to wait and let me know. He did never response. I sent him several emails but he won't respond. I want my deposit back. Anybody knows how?

3. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    I've got two of his stocks & a friend has another. All excellent pieces of functional art! He isn't the fastest at making them but he only charges a fraction of what some other stock makers do. I also know the workshop where he worked closed down a couple of months back but didn't know he'd been ill. He is very slow sometimes to reply to emails but I don't think he's the kind of guy to take your money & run.
    I have no connection at all with his business, this just what I have found when dealing with him.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    I too had a stock off Matt, top quality work just slow ...and yes he is slow to reply as hes normally busy stock making...give him time to respond, they are worth the wait;)

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Who is he?

6. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    He makes stocks rob and has a page on xtx website but nothingto do with Darrin

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  7. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Oh so not on here then... ok, ta.

8. Lee67

Lee67 Dink ! ...****'

Club:
    Emley Moor ftc
    Not that i know of

9. chrisbaker42

chrisbaker42 Member

As several have said, great stocks and ultimately honest but really poor at communicating. There are a couple of threads about this on either airgunforum.co.uk or airgun bs one of which has a response from him explaining the reason for his tardiness but not really an excuse for lack of communication.

10. EmRe74

EmRe74 New Member

Club:
    Ftbrturk
    I bought one from Matt for my Hw97.He has done a very good job.But was very busy to contact.Just be calm he will be replying ;)

11. Abu

Abu New Member

I know that this is a bit of an old thread, but does anyone have any current contact details of Matt? It seems that the page on XTX air is also no longer there (or I am mistaking).